I'm doing this a bit backwards

Mogulmasher

Been researching pellet grills for well over a year and have decided on the RT1250.
I"m currently recovering from end of year taxes. Personal property and real estate taxes hit me for $6.3k.
House insurance coming up in April at the tune of $3k. I have been lurking on here for quite some time
learning as much as possible. One thing I have seen repeatedly is how difficult it is to purchase the smokebox.
It has been out os stock for a bit and I requested notification when new stock arrived. Received an email
last week that they were available. Sent my order in on Saturday and it was delivered Wed. Great looking unit.
Can"t wait to use it for some smoked cheese, snack mix, bourbon, etc. Problem is I have no RT1250 to
attach it to, so I just get to stare at it for now. I know I'm doing this backwards but one piece at a time
for now

I actually get it. I restored 1.5 cars over the years. I invariably started scavenging hard to find rare parts before I actually purchased the vehicles. I say 1.5 cars because the second car could not be found (at a reasonable price) in over 8 years of looking. I finally sold off all of the parts I had accumulated over that time.

The good thing in your case is that 1250's are likely to be available when you're ready.

If you smokie it, they will come…

Took me awhile to upgrade to the 1250 but best decision I’ve made. Still on the fence on the smokebox though, then I also have to buy another cover 😂

Hoping you get to use that smokebox sometime soon!

I say get a smoke tube and smoke some cheese in the smoke box now. You don’t want heat for cheese anyway so who needs the expensive firebox! 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back