Stampede Doing my burn in.....

jonny_comfort

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
...and man I cannot wait!!

Just got a 590, already have a Bullseye. So, we have some thick steaks that are going on tonight when the burn in is done. I got the sear plates this time, and since the 590 now goes up to 700, these steaks are gonna be boss...

Not sure which seasoning to put on them. I also picked up the sauce and rub bundle, and I just got some Holy Cow this week too, havent tried that one yet. Any recommendations for what to season them with?

Congrats on the new toy...errr tool.

I guess it depends upon your personal tastes, but I usually start super simple on new cooks, particularly if it's new cuts or new techniques. Salt, coarse pepper, maybe some garlic powder and onion powder.

For steaks I usually just use kosher salt and pepper. On thick steaks I've liked starting them low to get a kiss of smoke and then reverse searing to finish.

Be sure to share your results.

Congrats on the new toy...errr tool.

I guess it depends upon your personal tastes, but I usually start super simple on new cooks, particularly if it's new cuts or new techniques. Salt, coarse pepper, maybe some garlic powder and onion powder.

For steaks I usually just use kosher salt and pepper. On thick steaks I've liked starting them low to get a kiss of smoke and then reverse searing to finish.

Be sure to share your results.
Yep I will be reverse searing these on the grill grates. Since I got them I should try them out, right?

My wife and kids are laughing at me, I'm so excited about breaking in the new grill. I just let them know, you're not a guy...you won't understand.

Actually Holy Cow is great for steaks. But hard to go wrong with either the Gospel or Holy Gospel.

I am trying out carne asada, holy gospel, carmelized buttered onion and butter steakhouse.

I didnt even open the sauce and rub kit from RT yet either...

It's a steak! Just SPG and the flavor of meat will do for me. Hope you enjoy. How are you going to grill?

It's a steak! Just SPG and the flavor of meat will do for me. Hope you enjoy. How are you going to grill?
reverse sear, I go to about 125 IT and then crank it up to sear. A lot of times I keep it simple too but I do like to change it up once in a while. Carne asada is awesome, just havent had this brand before.

Yep I will be reverse searing these on the grill grates. Since I got them I should try them out, right?

My wife and kids are laughing at me, I'm so excited about breaking in the new grill. I just let them know, you're not a guy...you won't understand.
I feel you on the your not a guy you wouldn't understand. Just got my BFG couple weeks ago, just went to the garage a Lil while ago just to look at it...makes me happy lol 😂 My wife doesn't get it either!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back