Bull I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times...

Stinkring

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
but does the pellet brand you use make a big difference? I ordered some Lumber Jack Comp Blend off Amazon to get started. I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to these pellet smokers...You would think recteq would throw in a bag at this price point. :cool:

but does the pellet brand you use make a big difference? I ordered some Lumber Jack Comp Blend off Amazon to get started. I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to these pellet smokers...You would think recteq would throw in a bag at this price point. :cool:
Depends, use what works best for you.

lumber jack has a great reputation. but i haven’t tried it yet. for a easy to find affordable pellet i recommend the pit boss competition blend from walmart and lowes for $15 per 40lbs. also keep an eye out in the chit chat section for deals on pellets. lowes probably has some kingsford on sale now for $5 per 20lb

I saw the Pit Boss pellets in Wal*Mart this morning and just dismissed them because, well....Wal*Mart! That was kind of dumb because I buy Royal Oak lump for my BGE there. Thanks for the heads up...

I saw the Pit Boss pellets in Wal*Mart this morning and just dismissed them because, well....Wal*Mart! That was kind of dumb because I buy Royal Oak lump for my BGE there. Thanks for the heads up...
Pit Boss works well for me.

What about the recteq Ultimate Blend? I'm considering buying a 40lb bag off Amazon since I still have a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas. I'm sure somebody private label's it for recteq, but who?

What about the recteq Ultimate Blend? I'm considering buying a 40lb bag off Amazon since I still have a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas. I'm sure somebody private label's it for recteq, but who?
Look at the Cooking Pellets perfect mix 40 pound bag.

lumber jack has a great reputation. but i haven’t tried it yet. for a easy to find affordable pellet i recommend the pit boss competition blend from walmart and lowes for $15 per 40lbs. also keep an eye out in the chit chat section for deals on pellets. lowes probably has some kingsford on sale now for $5 per 20lb
My store was out of the $5 bags, but Lowes.com let me ship to store. I ordered 5 since I already had 5 bags of Lumberjack. They came in boxes to the store yesterday. Got the boxes home and I had 7 bags inside of 5 boxes. Counting is hard.

My store was out of the $5 bags, but Lowes.com let me ship to store. I ordered 5 since I already had 5 bags of Lumberjack. They came in boxes to the store yesterday. Got the boxes home and I had 7 bags inside of 5 boxes. Counting is hard.
that’s funny. one of my orders from lowes had an extra bag also.

no issue with all i bought
save more
smoke more

I haven’t noticed any difference except some have more dust then others. Haven’t kept a record but I normall buy what is the cheapest. No one has complained or commented about the taste being any better or worse.

Basically they like free food and don’t have to cook.

🎱 Ed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back