RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
It hurts me to ask but, Having some family members that only eat well done protein I ask this.

Has anyone an experience to share in cooking a prime rib to well done that becomes probe tender?

Not sure prime rib is a cut to cook above medium, and I for one just couldn't do it out of respect for the meat. :ROFLMAO: I am of the mindset for anyone that likes/prefers beef well done......should look into being a vegan. Nah seriously, hope you get some better advice than I gave ya, I am a prick and simply wouldn't cook a prime rib above medium.

It hurts me to ask but, Having some family members that only eat well done protein I ask this.

Has anyone an experience to share in cooking a prime rib to well done that becomes probe tender?
Cook the prime rib the normal way and when it is done, slice it up and kill the slices for the well done crew.

Not sure prime rib is a cut to cook above medium, and I for one just couldn't do it out of respect for the meat. :ROFLMAO: I am of the mindset for anyone that likes/prefers beef well done......should look into being a vegan. Nah seriously, hope you get some better advice than I gave ya, I am a prick and simply wouldn't cook a prime rib above medium.
@Motodad1776
I am of the same mindset as you on cooking prime rib.
I only wondered might the PR come out like a brisket?
Could be an interesting cook though.

That answers the question on this.

I had wondered if a well done prime rib would be similar to a brisket or pot roast.

Looks like the well done guests get an outside cut.
Thanks for the replies.

Outside cuts or cut and finish their slice to well done in a skillet.

My SIL only ate well done beef when he first started dating our daughter. I obliged him but over time I would cook it less and less done. Now he loves medium rare/medium and doesn't know why he ever ate it any other way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back