Bullseye Question about Lid/Hinge

WestCoastManz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hello

Have had the Bullseye for over a year and so far it's been serviceable as a smoker/ main grille.

My problem is with the lid/hinge it seems as if the holes for the screws are too big and only 4/6 actually stay screwed. Every time I open the lid the left bottom screw and the right bottom screw becomes loose. Recteq has already sent me replacements but the same issue is happening.

This also leads to my next question. When opening the lid should it remain at 90 degrees or should it drop to 180? Wonder if this an effect of loose screws.

When I screwed my screws in tight, the lid would not close all the way. I got a new hinge, new lid but no difference. So I ended up using multiple (not washers) of those tightening washers on the screws so they were tighter but not screwed in all the way and that worked for me.

I used multiple ones on a few of them since they had sent me extras.

Not 180, when opening the lid, I believe it goes slightly past 90 degrees. I'm not sure how it could go 180 or flat. I would love to see a pic of that.

Seems like we have different issues, if you have a pic, that would help. My main issue was the lid would not close all the way AND I could not open the hopper lid all the way so it stays up on it's own b/c the lid would tilt to the left with the screws tightend all the way.

Also, does your Lid stay at 90 degrees or 180?
There have been others who have had a challenge with the lid staying at 90° and other members here have made suggestion(s) for adjustment that worked. Perhaps search the forum on Bullseye lid and see if that turns up anything.

PS-you may want to post a couple of pictures here of your hinge/lid in the open position. We have some pretty smart, Eagle-eye folks that have helped with that.

Last edited:
Hello

Have had the Bullseye for over a year and so far it's been serviceable as a smoker/ main grille.

My problem is with the lid/hinge it seems as if the holes for the screws are too big and only 4/6 actually stay screwed. Every time I open the lid the left bottom screw and the right bottom screw becomes loose. Recteq has already sent me replacements but the same issue is happening.

This also leads to my next question. When opening the lid should it remain at 90 degrees or should it drop to 180? Wonder if this an effect of loose screws.
I'm having the same issues

Pictures would really help.

I now understand I need to post pictures. It's raining in SoCal so I will do it tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's response and hopefully the anticipation won't drive you mad!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back