How to do the Rec Tec wheel mod

I figured someone would've answered by now ..???
Anyway..I I remember these correctly the OP used 5" casters and 12" solids..but he also raised the axle hole instead of drilling out the old mount. Someone else had replied they drilled theirs out and used 10".
So its all determined by the mount height. I believe the frame is kept rather level and the drip pan has the declining angle. But a little higher on the high end wouldnt hurt anything imo. Im about to do something also...sick of stock casters never lasting.
I ended up ordering the brand of wheel that @Kbrown mentioned earlier but I got their 3” version which is the size of the original swivel wheel on my RT-700. I don’t have immediate plans to swap out the rear wheels. But if I do, I’m going to try to get something that fits the current rear wheel shaft…if we can call it a shaft. I’ve got to measure the shaft that’s there to see if there’s a wheel that will fit it.

I ended up ordering the brand of wheel that @Kbrown mentioned earlier but I got their 3” version which is the size of the original swivel wheel on my RT-700. I don’t have immediate plans to swap out the rear wheels. But if I do, I’m going to try to get something that fits the current rear wheel shaft…if we can call it a shaft. I’ve got to measure the shaft that’s there to see if there’s a wheel that will fit it.et u

I ended up ordering the brand of wheel that @Kbrown mentioned earlier but I got their 3” version which is the size of the original swivel wheel on my RT-700. I don’t have immediate plans to swap out the rear wheels. But if I do, I’m going to try to get something that fits the current rear wheel shaft…if we can call it a shaft. I’ve got to measure the shaft that’s there to see if there’s a wheel that will fit it.
Lets us know what you find !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back