How do YOU "reheat" your BBQ ?

DenStinett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
When we cook, we load-up the Grill
3, 4 or more meals at a time, we then Vacu-Seal and freeze the extras
But when we thaw and reheat them, it seems that the "leftovers" never come-out quite as moist as the Meat is, right off the Grill
So, my question .... How do YOU reheat your BBQ ?

Doesn't it just float on top of the water?
Since we Vacu-Seal our "extra meals" we don't experience this
But I can see how a Zip-Loc could, if you don't squeeze the majority of the air out before sealing it !
Some say, when they use the Zip-Locs, they flip the meal over now and then, while it's reheating

It will float if there's air in the bag. Either vacuum seal or use a straw to suck out the air from the ziplock. Even then it might float. You can always put a plate on top of it to weigh it down.

not if the air is squeezed out.... use a metal clip or 2 to hold the seal up and against the rim of the pan...

This evening we Boil-in-bagged a piece of our Brisket
Turned out GREAT
Brisket.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using Sous Vide to reheat my Smoked meats for probably close to a decade. I go straight from frozen vacuum sealed right into 160 degree Sous Vide water (brisket / pork / dark chicken), and it's the best method, imo. I do 145 for chicken if it's white meat.

Harry Soo actually did a YouTube video 2 days ago, testing out different methods to re-heat leftover brisket, both from fridge and from freezer.

He concluded Sous Vide was the best. I believe he did his at 165 degrees.

Harry Soo actually did a YouTube video 2 days ago, testing out different methods to re-heat leftover brisket, both from fridge and from freezer.

He concluded Sous Vide was the best. I believe he did his at 165 degrees.
I have a pound or two of pulled pork that we wrapped tightly in foil, froze in a Tupperware-type vac container that we burped to get the air out, etc, before we froze it. Curious if people would put the foil wrapped pork in a Ziploc and put it in the boiling water? Don’t have a sous vide..

I have a pound or two of pulled pork that we wrapped tightly in foil, froze in a Tupperware-type vac container that we burped to get the air out, etc, before we froze it. Curious if people would put the foil wrapped pork in a Ziploc and put it in the boiling water? Don’t have a sous vide..

No Sous Vide either
My Wife just uses a large Pan filled with enough water to hold / cover the VacuSeal Bag
Gets the water up to a low simmer
Seems to work for us

Not sure about the Ziploc / Foil combo
Maybe just the Ziploc and no Foil

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm am not telling anyone something they don't know but, if you thaw the meat (or anything) unwrapped, open to the air it will naturally lose its internal moisture through the defrosting process.

Last edited:
Give it a shot, it's that or you have to wait for it to thaw to get it out of the foil. I wouldn't use boiling water, try to get it about 160ish. Also avoid thin zip locks, I have had the "storage" bags leak, freezer bags work better. My biggest issue is the bags float like balloons.

Have had decent results putting pulled pork in qt size freezer bags, roll them tight when closing, put qt bags in a gallon bag to freeze. It's tough thawing things wrapped in foil unless you have a lot of time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back