Pulled pork reheat - SV? - Already searched and couldn't find a definitive answer

CraigC

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I save all my pulled pork by vac-sealing in a food saver in 1 lb portions. When I pull one of the bags from the freezer, what's the best way to reheat it? Can I just drop it in a pot of simmering water? I don't have any fancy SV equipment. Just a pot on the stove top. Covered pot, uncovered? Any specific temp to shoot for? Thanks!

I save all my pulled pork by vac-sealing in a food saver in 1 lb portions. When I pull one of the bags from the freezer, what's the best way to reheat it? Can I just drop it in a pot of simmering water? I don't have any fancy SV equipment. Just a pot on the stove top. Covered pot, uncovered? Any specific temp to shoot for? Thanks!
That's exactly what I do, works fine. I usually bring it to a slow boil, then turn the heat off and let it sit for 20 minutes or so.

Let it thaw "I use cold water", then put in oven at 170/175 degrees in a deep dish or aluminum pan, it won't cook anymore but just warms up very slowly.......this method is perfect and I always fool many people with it's profound freshness.

I know it’s heresy but I use the nuke. Dose it with Carolina style vinegar based sauce, which we use on pulled pork all the time, then into the nuke.

I know it’s heresy but I use the nuke. Dose it with Carolina style vinegar based sauce, which we use on pulled pork all the time, then into the nuke.
Same for me. I do it with all my smoked meat, especially if it is just for me. If we are doing the family then it goes into a pot with bbq sauce for sandwiches. Plus when it is 105 outside you don't want to be adding a bunch of heat to the inside of the house!

Tonight, a neighbor lady showed up just as we were about to make smoked salmon tacos, with a fried corn, chile pepper, and fresh diced mango relish. (I had to do that description, I just love that stuff and could eat it with a spoon by itself.).

I know she hates fish, especially salmon. So, I reached in the freezer and an grabbed a 8 oz vac pack of pulled pork (that stuff is damn versatile). I dropped about half of the pack in a frying pan and sautee'd it for a few minutes to get some crispy stringy thingy's going. Then I fried the neighbor up a corn tortilla and put some in and told her to top it with the relish we'd made for the salmon tacos and add some salsas that we had out. She went back and darn near licked the frying pan.

SV is a great compliment to any delicious meat creations. "Fancy sous vide equipment"... We all have machines that cost a decent chunk of change to make it seem like we're putting chunks of wood on a fire and we can control and monitor that from our couches. It's not like we're above "fancy Equipment" lol. Also makes amazing bone broth. Excellent for reheating or even precooking to finish on the smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back