How do YOU "reheat" your BBQ ?

DenStinett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
When we cook, we load-up the Grill
3, 4 or more meals at a time, we then Vacu-Seal and freeze the extras
But when we thaw and reheat them, it seems that the "leftovers" never come-out quite as moist as the Meat is, right off the Grill
So, my question .... How do YOU reheat your BBQ ?

I’ve had the same issue over the years, although I don’t use a vacu-seal. Some of the folks here swear by heating the leftovers in water, still in the bag. I have some pork but and brisket from my last cook in the freezer, and I’m going to give it a try.

SV is the best way. That way you can set your temp. I hear many people put their vac sealed bag in boiling water. Now your cooking the crap out of the meat so it probable will be dry. Between 130°-150° is plenty for warming

I don't have SV yet, but I will usually put in a skillet with a little water and slowly bring it up to temp. More like a simmer, I guess. For larger amounts, I will foil and warm up in the air fryer or oven.

How are you reheating? If it were me I'd wrap them in foil tight and heat in the oven to retain the moisture. JMHO.
So far, we've tried placing the Meat in a covered Casserole with water and steam it
Also thought trying the Casserole but with Apple Juice, Peach or Apricot Nectar
We'll have to try the "boil-in-bag" (SV) method

You dont' say what type of vacuum seal. I have a https://www.amazon.com/VacMaster-VP321-Chamber-Vacuum-Sealer/dp/B007RVX12O and the bags are microwave and boil compatible as well as BPA free.
It is light years ahead of the walmart type vacuum sealers, but also light years more cost. (Import taxes have killed them - I only paid $1400 for mine - they are $3000+ now)
Microwave is OK (Don't puncture bag) when it balloons the meat is warm, but boiling the bag is much quicker and I think retains a bit more juice.

You don't' say what type of vacuum seal .... the bags are microwave and boil compatible as well as BPA free.

We bought the Foodsaver Vac/Seal at Costco
It is our second one
They seem to work well
The Foodsaver Roll (cut to length) Bags say they are safe for use in the SV and Microwave
And BPA free as well

Sous Vide set to specific internal temp of degree doneness it was cooked to. That way, it will never be over done. If it’s something like brisket or pulled pork, something in the range of 140-145 works great.

We reheat a Pork Tenderloin tonight
Dropped a Vacu-Seal Bag in just a large Pan of Boiling Water
Came out moist a just as good as the day I pulled one off the Grill 😋

No Vac sealer or Sous Vide equipment so I use the microwave and zip lock bags. We do use a vinegar sauce that we add to the meat before freezing, it doesn't come out dry. Thought about getting the vac sealer but I really don't need another kitchen gadget.

Prime.jpeg

Tonight we'll reheat of a piece of this
Momma's New Years Eve Birthday Prime Rib
We'll see how the "Boil-in-Bag" trick works on that :unsure:

The "Boil-in-Bag" method worked again tonight with the Prime Rib
AWSOME !
Thanks everyone for the tip(s) on using that SV method
We're just dropping the sealed Vacu-Seal Bag into a large Pot of boiling Water
So far, so good !

I do this often with portioned out brisket and butts in vacuum sealed bags. The trick is to reheat in the sealed bag below the boiling point of 212°. You don't want to cook the meat anymore. It takes about 15 minutes to thoroughly heat through. We just use a pan of water big enough for good coverage under the water. We also flip over for the other side to be in the hot water for a spell, too.

I’ll chime in with the warm in water crew.

In the past I never looked forward to meat leftovers because it changed the flavor so much. We tried the toaster oven but it dried out the meats.

Just this past week I took some leftover brisket and put it in a ziploc baggy and placed it in simmering/boiling water. Wow, what a difference! It was delicious. The smoke had permeated the meat even more and it was quite a treat.

While re-warming in the Ziploc baggie I did keep the seal above water most of the time to avoid any kind of leaks.

Do your best to squeeze all of the extra air out before you seal the baggy. And then be careful when opening the seal because steam may want out.

It might take a little extra time to do it this way but boy is it worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back