Hotdogs - Wife Feedback

Wife just told me charcoal is ok. Guess I might add a small weber kettle to the lineup, unless you guys got a good charcoal recommendation for hot dogs.

Wife just told me charcoal is ok. Guess I might add a small weber kettle to the lineup, unless you guys got a good charcoal recommendation for hot dogs.

You might look at some of the "hibachi" type grills. They are very portable and are great for steaks, chops, fish, and kabobs.

This has to be the funniest topic that I have seen on this forum. 4 pages on how to cook a hotdog. Just cracks me up. Good luck @Hilbe with whatever you decide. Must keep the wife happy. 😊

It's not about hotdogs...it's about what you said at the end of your post. 😎

I'm reading and chuckling too. 🤣. The comment about buying in bulk at Costco... No way I can afford wives in bulk!

Anyways, if the final answer here is to spend 30 minutes getting a charcoal grill up to temp that will cook hotdogs in 6 minutes, I would likely rethink the plan. Propane is cleaner than the coal it took to make the electricity for your EV. I'm all for improving the environment, but don't over think it. Get a propane grill (it's not gas) and enjoy grilling some food and smoking others.

the weber kettle is a classic that will be for sale as long as we are alive! cant go wrong with them. but if your wife liked them off your weber gasser i say get a weber gasser. i was just looking them up, the q series is small and portable and would be good for on the go and small cooks. now the spirt e210 looks really promising also. the side shelf’s can be folded down for a great small footprint grill for searing and for cooking hotdogs.

Attachments

• EF25E1BE-31E1-4D50-A48E-6247DC98501E.png
    EF25E1BE-31E1-4D50-A48E-6247DC98501E.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 75E973BE-99D2-4B8D-911B-8323D89DAB78.png
    75E973BE-99D2-4B8D-911B-8323D89DAB78.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 73
I love a good kettle grill. Had a weber forever and recently upgraded to a SNS.

If you want a little one, get a tabletop Weber Smokey Joe.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Jumbo Joe if you want a small portable charcoal. Pick up a better SS 18" grate when the original cheesy one rusts. The Smoky Joe was too small for us but if its just for dogs, go for it.

Take a look at the Jumbo Joe if you want a small portable charcoal. Pick up a better SS 18" grate when the original cheesy one rusts. The Smoky Joe was too small for us but if its just for dogs, go for it.
Yes...I meant to say Jumbo Joe.
If most folks knew what “parts” some of those store bought hot dogs are made of, they probably wouldn’t bother to eat them anyway..😉🥴🥴🤔👍🏻🤯🤯🙏🏻🇺🇸
Depends on what kind you are buying. I generally go for the natural casing ones made by local meat shops around here.

I think it's great to make something delicious out of scrap.

Been looking at the ones that collapse down. Might be nice to use for camping.

you could slip so liquid smoke into alot of her favorites. maybe coffee creamer, toothpaste or something she uses daily and over time she will become desensitized to the flavor and will enjoy hot dogs off the bull. you will have to start her off with low doses and slowly work up. but if you go to far she will force you to get a stick burner, use caution.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back