Have You Experienced A Lid Pop: If So when Did You Purchase Your Smoker

Mate you have already admitted that you can't even pick out a good brisket, let alone trim one. You and Moto like to brag about the amazing meat that you cook on your easy bake oven for men. Maybe dial back the flexing a bit. I have tried to be super respectful as you both have worked hard to dirty the waters here. All I have asked is that you stop.

This was a pretty good thread until the two of you came along and I find it odd that there are other threads like this that you didn't touch.
Netdygrrl…I have followed this thread from the beginning. I posted a lengthy reply, early on, with multiple recommendations/suggestions. Your response indicated that you were busy with work stuff and would get back at a later date. I never heard back on whether you had any success or not. I took that as either you chose to ignore the help or just didn’t get ‘round to it. And that’s fine…no worries.

However, you seemed to keep harping on the same issues with apparent disregard for the recommendations I (others) made. You appeared to want to “stick with” the printed/published instructions with no regard for the practical, experienced suggestions made here. You have also opted to use vulgarity to describe the company and the product.

The aggregate of ignoring sound experienced recommendations and badmouthing the product most of us take pride in owning and using have led to this unattractive exchange of posts. I respectfully ask you and everyone else to let’s just not throw anymore barbs.

If you’re not happy with your unit, do what you will. At this point I don’t know that anyone cares. And we’d prefer not to hear anymore about your issue with your grill.

Mate you have already admitted that you can't even pick out a good brisket, let alone trim one. You and Moto like to brag about the amazing meat that you cook on your easy bake oven for men. Maybe dial back the flexing a bit. I have tried to be super respectful as you both have worked hard to dirty the waters here. All I have asked is that you stop.

This was a pretty good thread until the two of you came along and I find it odd that there are other threads like this that you didn't touch.
Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

I hope you're able to find some happiness in your life, not betting on it.

Last edited:
We can look at posting and replies. I make a post, a post something similar to what others before me have made, and you reply to me. I make a thread, you reply. That is what I call a troll. Look at my last three replies not in this thread. What sad person feels the need to reply? You.

I think it's great that your smoker works well. That is what it is supposed to do at this price point and that reputation. And for a thread that nobody cares about, you seem to be camped here. Some folks have gotten something from it, it's too bad others keep derailing it.

I'm a happy person, a very positive minded person...........good luck, as we are ALL rooting for you to find grill nirvana, or perhaps instead to just go away quietly.

"Easy bake oven for men, dial back the flexing a bit"? Ah.........now some things are becoming a bit more clear for me. ;) Now I am done in this thread, you have in a sense shown your true colors.

Netdygrrl…I have followed this thread from the beginning. I posted a lengthy reply, early on, with multiple recommendations/suggestions. Your response indicated that you were busy with work stuff and would get back at a later date. I never heard back on whether you had any success or not. I took that as either you chose to ignore the help or just didn’t get ‘round to it. And that’s fine…no worries.

However, you seemed to keep harping on the same issues with apparent disregard for the recommendations I (others) made. You appeared to want to “stick with” the printed/published instructions with no regard for the practical, experienced suggestions made here. You have also opted to use vulgarity to describe the company and the product.

The aggregate of ignoring sound experienced recommendations and badmouthing the product most of us take pride in owning and using have led to this unattractive exchange of posts. I respectfully ask you and everyone else to let’s just not throw anymore barbs.

If you’re not happy with your unit, do what you will. At this point I don’t know that anyone cares. And we’d prefer not to hear anymore about your issue with your grill.
Sir, I did respond. A couple of times. I have identified the issue. That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is not about my experience or trying to fix my smoker. It's for others to document their experiences. This is a prevalent issue with models post Jan 2020 because of the heating rod issues. It existed before for other reasons.

This started out as a pretty informative thread. That was the intent. To document what we have all experienced, and the conditions surrounding those experiences so others can learn and so it could be on the record. That is why a couple of folks are so hellbent on derailing it.

Again, I have only responded here when someone has asked specific question that I had an answer to like heating rod placement, or to follow up with an additional question regarding someone's lid pop, or when asked a direct question.

I admitted above my patience and tolerance for two trolls that seem to be a fan of derailing this thread and responding and commenting on every post or comment I make is pretty much gone.

I am glad folks take pride and are happy with their smokers. I truly am. There seems to be a very distinct line in the sand when those experiences started to shift and when issues started coming up more regularly which is why documentation is handy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back