Have You Experienced A Lid Pop: If So when Did You Purchase Your Smoker

Hi, guys! So..did I miss anything while I was gone?? 🤣

elizabeth banks dnc GIF by Election 2016

Well RT's recommended start ups, advice, etc kind of defy fire science so you can't be surprised that folks new to smoking, grilling, etc may not understand. Stop blaming the customer and start blaming the totes amazing customer service and amazeballs company leading them astray.

You guys can move on and leave the folks commenting here alone. It's clear you don't have a lot more to offer to this convo and just troll. A lot of folks are here to learn.
Bless your heart.......and just because someone has a different viewpoint, doesn't make them a troll. You took something personal, assuming I was referring to you or something........that is on YOU. And yeah I do blame people at times for not using common sense, hence why I call it "uncommon sense". RT or any company for that matter aren't to blame for every shortcoming or screw up on a product, so you can make real change with your wallet, or continue to blame a company whether warranted or not. I made some amazing baby back ribs yesterday, I'll be damned if my ole 590 didn't get the job done without any drama yet again.

Last edited:
I vacuum out the fire pot after every 3-4 cooks on my Bullseye. It's no more work than cleaning my Weber kettle after every cook. It's all part of the ritual of cooking outdoors, which I am addicted to.

That is my usual practice as well, unless some longer cooks are in the rotation. A clean pot means more air flow to the pellets, which means a better overall running grill. I have a nice little Rigid brand fireplace and ash vac, works like a charm and easy to dump/clean when I do such a thing.

Bless your heart.......and just because someone has a different viewpoint, doesn't make them a troll. You took something personal, assuming I was referring to you or something........that is on YOU. And yeah I do blame people at times for not using common sense, hence why I call it "uncommon sense". RT or any company for that matter aren't to blame for every shortcoming or screw up on a product, so you can make real change with your wallet, or continue to blame a company whether warranted or not. I made some amazing baby back ribs yesterday, I'll be damned if my ole 590 didn't get the job done without any drama yet again.
Your viewpoint is fine, but you and Keeper just keep coming onto this thread to troll. It's a pretty straightforward thread: Have you had this experience? What were the conditions under which it occurred?

Somebody shared their experience, you responded with something or other about common sense. Why are you even in this thread? Your sole purpose seems to be derailing it.

Yeah, it's kind of a shit smoker made by kind of a shit company. I also offer a decent amount of advice on here.

So again, feel free to dunk on me, but try to refrain from making negative comments directed at others who are just learning and going by RT's advice.

You had to make a complete workaround for your grill to work properly so maybe dial back the pearl clutching.
Why linger on this?
A S##t smoker and company.??

I completely disagree;

I am on my forth RT grill. All but one have been stellar the exception my 410 patio legend as we know.
My current 590 covers all bases, a beautiful machine by all measures.
Let’s please not trash a great product and company.
If you have buyers remorse on your current grill send it back as RT asked and find a new grill.

Your viewpoint is fine, but you and Keeper just keep coming onto this thread to troll. It's a pretty straightforward thread: Have you had this experience? What were the conditions under which it occurred?

Somebody shared their experience, you responded with something or other about common sense. Why are you even in this thread? Your sole purpose seems to be derailing it.

My viewpoint is fine huh? You're welcome to leave anytime, and I find it interesting that someone who disagrees with you on something, is somehow a troll? Pretty sure the forum is trying to understand what you are really trying to do, why you are still here, and why you continue to bark up a tree that RT doesn't even climb? Drive down to Georgia and tell them all this in person, drop off your dangerous piece of garbage grill and be done with it all. Again.........a lid pop can occur under various circumstances, but will not occur if your lid is open, less of a chance if the ignition is fast, if the pellets are fresh, and if the firepot is clean. You just seem to love the drama and attention of it all, where the rest of us are just using our damn grills and making adjustments when warranted. Once I adjusted my igniter and got rid of some bad pellets, I haven't had a single issue of any kind. Life is about making choices, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. I am an avid motorcyclist that rides all over the country, between bikes and gear I have had plenty of let downs and some gear or the bike didn't live up to it's reputation or promises, also have had some outright failures..........adapt and overcome. RT doesn't care about a forum, but I am betting they would better listen if you were face to face with them? No question that some quality is down, some mistakes are being made, and that a few have had some scary moments with these grills. If you want a safer and more reliable way to make BBQ, then go back full time to a charcoal or stick burner.......always a trade off and a compromise.

Were I to make a wager.......most couldn't care less about this thread or what you are having quite the diatribe about, so I will let you get back to your regularly scheduled sounding board. Friendly words of advice for everyone......you are dealing with FIRE, so pay attention to ignition and shut down of these grills or any grills regardless of type, assumption is the mother of all F ups!!!!!

My viewpoint is fine huh? You're welcome to leave anytime, and I find it interesting that someone who disagrees with you on something, is somehow a troll? Pretty sure the forum is trying to understand what you are really trying to do, why you are still here, and why you continue to bark up a tree that RT doesn't even climb? Drive down to Georgia and tell them all this in person, drop off your dangerous piece of garbage grill and be done with it all. Again.........a lid pop can occur under various circumstances, but will not occur if your lid is open, less of a chance if the ignition is fast, if the pellets are fresh, and if the firepot is clean. You just seem to love the drama and attention of it all, where the rest of us are just using our damn grills and making adjustments when warranted. Once I adjusted my igniter and got rid of some bad pellets, I haven't had a single issue of any kind. Life is about making choices, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. I am an avid motorcyclist that rides all over the country, between bikes and gear I have had plenty of let downs and some gear or the bike didn't live up to it's reputation or promises, also have had some outright failures..........adapt and overcome. RT doesn't care about a forum, but I am betting they would better listen if you were face to face with them? No question that some quality is down, some mistakes are being made, and that a few have had some scary moments with these grills. If you want a safer and more reliable way to make BBQ, then go back full time to a charcoal or stick burner.......always a trade off and a compromise.

Were I to make a wager.......most couldn't care less about this thread or what you are having quite the diatribe about, so I will let you get back to your regularly scheduled sounding board. Friendly words of advice for everyone......you are dealing with FIRE, so pay attention to ignition and shut down of these grills or any grills regardless of type, assumption is the mother of all F ups!!!!!
☝️☝️☝️ sums it up nicely ☝️☝️☝️

Why linger on this?
A S##t smoker and company.??

I completely disagree;

I am on my forth RT grill. All but one have been stellar the exception my 410 patio legend as we know.
My current 590 covers all bases, a beautiful machine by all measures.
Let’s please not trash a great product and company.
If you have buyers remorse on your current grill send it back as RT asked and find a new grill.
I linger on it when trolls come at me. Your current 590 needed its heating rod adjusted so it could start consistently didn't it? That's after your new grill caught fire after two uses? I've only commented here from my initial posts when somebody responds to one of my threads or if somebody is asking me a question or has a question I can answer. I've tried to keep it positive elsewhere.

Granted I was a bit short here with the reply guys these last few days. I am just sick of them derailing the thread. People post and they make a mess of it and then cry something about all opinions mattering.

You may want to go and have a gander about the evolution of this thread.

Last edited:

Were I to make a wager.......most couldn't care less about this thread or what you are having quite the diatribe about, so I will let you get back to your regularly scheduled sounding board. Friendly words of advice for everyone......you are dealing with FIRE, so pay attention to ignition and shut down of these grills or any grills regardless of type, assumption is the mother of all F ups!!!!!We

We can look at posting and replies. I make a post, a post something similar to what others before me have made, and you reply to me. I make a thread, you reply. That is what I call a troll. Look at my last three replies not in this thread. What sad person feels the need to reply? You.

I think it's great that your smoker works well. That is what it is supposed to do at this price point and that reputation. And for a thread that nobody cares about, you seem to be camped here. Some folks have gotten something from it, it's too bad others keep derailing it.

I linger on it when trolls come at me. Your current 590 needed its heating rod adjusted so it could start consistently didn't it? That's after your new grill caught fire after two uses? I've only commented here from my initial posts when somebody responds to one of my threads or if somebody is asking me a question or has a question I can answer. I've tried to keep it positive elsewhere.

Granted I was a bit short here with the reply guys these last few days. I am just sick of them derailing the thread. People post and they make a mess of it and then cry something about all opinions mattering.

You may want to go and have a gander about the evolution of this thread.
Understand your point. To a degree…

Now Melissa, who's the bully 🤔
Mate you have already admitted that you can't even pick out a good brisket, let alone trim one. You and Moto like to brag about the amazing meat that you cook on your easy bake oven for men. Maybe dial back the flexing a bit. I have tried to be super respectful as you both have worked hard to dirty the waters here. All I have asked is that you stop.

This was a pretty good thread until the two of you came along and I find it odd that there are other threads like this that you didn't touch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back