Bull Full temp

make sure if you foil your drip pan that the foil stays inside the edges of the drip pan and doesn’t hang over which can block airflow. also check to make sure your temp probe is atleast 1/2in from the grill wall. if its close to the wall just pull on it to bend it back out, they can easily get knock close to the wall putting grates in the grill. If you have had the grill for a while clean the chimney if its blocked a bit. and make sure you have a good dry bag of pellets

If you have a 680 on your profile as shown, you cannot achieve 700. It had some trouble making it to 600. The 700 was not modified until sometime this year, when the 3 rpm auger was added.

Hit this today. I am going to run it tomorrow and see what temp I can get my cast iron up too.

Screenshot_20221203_152820_recteq.jpg

I spoke with Tech Support Today. I have the RT590 so might be different settings. T590 only goes to 500 then Full Mode. Per Tech Support Full Mode on the RT590 is lab tested to reach 700 degrees. There is no commitment from Recteq to cook at 700 degrees or reach 700 degrees and stay stable. The specs at the website state 180 - 700 degrees. This is lab test only. At Lo the temp can get to 180 with 25 degree temp swing at lab tested in ideal conditions.

Hit this today. I am going to run it tomorrow and see what temp I can get my cast iron up too.

View attachment 18126
I guess, in looking at this, the concerning part for me is the Set Point of 350 and the temp showing 747. Did you crank it down to 350 after hitting the 747 or, and it is highly possible, just me? Interested in this as I never, not that I would, max my RT-700 out. I use my gasser or Kettle for those temps. I do have an SNL looking at this model.

Wow, maybe somethings wrong with mine. I've had the RT700 for 2 years now and have never gotten over 500 and then it took an hour and a half to get close. It's been this way, since day one. I just thought it was the nature of the beast. I guess I better contact customer service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back