RT-1250 Max Temp on Full for 1250?

DougR_

I'm considering the 1250, and see that they claim "up to 700", but when I asked customer service for some details there, they were very non committal and it's not clear that it's actually higher than the RT0-700. Does anyone have any real data on what they've seen maxed out?
Thanks,

I'm considering the 1250, and see that they claim "up to 700", but when I asked customer service for some details there, they were very non committal and it's not clear that it's actually higher than the RT0-700. Does anyone have any real data on what they've seen maxed out?
Thanks,
Deer Popcorn GIF

I have a 1250 and I'm kind of curious lol. The highest I have had mine is 550 and honestly that's probably all the higher I will ever go. I did a burn off after I was done grilling so that I could scrape everything clean inside.

At 500 with grill grates I was able to crisp up the skin on my smoked chicken thighs in 5-10 minutes so I don't have any reason to go higher.

I grilled some asparagus and two chicken halves today and then did a burnoff so the grill was cleaned for smoking steaks and chicken breast tonight. After taking the food off the grill the temp has dropped to 333° and after 18 minutes it was at 640° and still climbing about a degree every 10 seconds. It went up to 645° before it actually started cooling down. I'm still not sure about the true max temp but it hit 645° in 78° outside temperature.

Attachments

• 20210906_133912.jpg
    20210906_133912.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 80
I grilled some asparagus and two chicken halves today and then did a burnoff so the grill was cleaned for smoking steaks and chicken breast tonight. After taking the food off the grill the temp has dropped to 333° and after 18 minutes it was at 640° and still climbing about a degree every 10 seconds. It went up to 645° before it actually started cooling down. I'm still not sure about the true max temp but it hit 645° in 78° outside temperature.

Awesome!! Good stuff!

Thank you! I was really curious about this.

Hi all. I'm new and this is my first post. I figured I should contribute back to the forum since I have been benefiting from all of the good posts on this site :). I received a 1250 about two weeks ago and have been cooking up a storm on it. I finally cranked it up to cook a couple of steaks to see how hot it gets after seeing this post a couple of days ago. The steaks are not huge, its just my wife and I and I cut hers in half lol. I threw them on at 500 deg. by the time it hit 700 they where done. I don't know how much higher the smoker would have gotten but it gets plenty hot enough for me. I had flipped them at 100 deg. internally. They had an awesome outside texture and a little crispness on the edges. I put a little seasoning on these and they were one of the best tasting steaks I have made. The pictures show one of the probes was not working. I unplugged and switched them and as it turns out one of the probes is bad. It actually quit working thursday night when I had a pork butt on. I figured it was an app issue when I was using my phone to check on it. I called Recteq today and a new one is on its way. That was the fastest and smoothest customer service I have ever witnessed or have been a part of, hands down! The pellets were Recteq's brand that I purchased with the smoker. I will also pull my steak off a little quicker. I like mine Med. Rare! Wife's was perfect for her. Which is a good thing. Rule #1 Don't mess up mama's food. 😓 I hope this helps someone who is on the fence. My nephew talked me into this smoker. He has the 700 and that is what I was going to get. My gas grill took a crap 3 weeks ago and I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on the 700 when I got the email about the 1250. Let me tell you one thing you don't need a gas grill with this thing it does it all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back