Bull First Ribs

Jhb076

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
New Bull owner, first ribs tonight for Christmas Eve. Did a 221, for the baby backs, turn out great! So much fun to throw them on and run a few errands with out worrying about temps. May need to try brisket or New Years.

Attachments

• DBB01294-B294-4590-BB1C-1CEEB5D00AF6.jpeg
    DBB01294-B294-4590-BB1C-1CEEB5D00AF6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Check out this cutting board my friend dropped by for Christmas that he made. Small one was mine from Jr. High shop class. It’s maple, zebra, walnut and Purple Heart. Purple is for K-State connection.

Attachments

• 76C7D68D-78FF-4577-86CA-79A3EFC01F7D.jpeg
    76C7D68D-78FF-4577-86CA-79A3EFC01F7D.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 73
New Bull owner, first ribs tonight for Christmas Eve. Did a 221, for the baby backs, turn out great! So much fun to throw them on and run a few errands with out worrying about temps. May need to try brisket or New Years.
Great job!

Check out this cutting board my friend dropped by for Christmas that he made. Small one was mine from Jr. High shop class. It’s maple, zebra, walnut and Purple Heart. Purple is for K-State connection.
Sweet!

Santa brought me my first smoker today, a RecTeq 700. I must have been a good boy. Love ribs - can you explain what a 221 is? Need to go out tomorrow and find some pellets to do the burn in.

@mdsmoker 221 refers to the timing of the cook (221 is common for baby backs 321 for St. Louis style). 2 hours naked to get some smoke and start cooking, wrap for 2 hours to braise the ribs, then 1 hour naked to finish the cook and firm up the ribs a little. This is just one of many ways to cook ribs.

Some never wrap, some use times that vary quite a bit from 221 or 321. That’s the fun part; figuring out which way you and your family like them. Enjoy the new smoker and have fun!

Merry Christmas.

Naked St Louis ribs for 5 to 6 hours using the bend test to tell doneness and then to table next to belly has been the best recipe for me.

Amazing work on that board!! That is talent. And those ribs look pretty sweet also :)..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back