Egyptian BBQ Joint In TX

Nerdygrrl

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
A friend of mine sent me this link last night. It was definitely a great and informative watch and for somebody that has some solid connections to sheep farmers I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner. Like when they were in my back yard. Some really interesting ideas and unique in here.= for those of you that like to change things up a bit.

Needless to say a lamb shoulder and some ribs are getting smoked this weekend.

RDT_20230804_2105044632293450669564568.png

A friend of mine sent me this link last night. It was definitely a great and informative watch and for somebody that has some solid connections to sheep farmers I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner. Like when they were in my back yard. Some really interesting ideas and unique in here.= for those of you that like to change things up a bit.

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing it.

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing it.
I really loved his passion for cooking and creating something unique.

I just put some seasoned lamb ribs in the fridge for tonight. I need to head out for a bit and then I'll prep my lamb shoulder.

With the ribs I used a Mike's hot honey base and then did a hybrid standard BBQ rub and my spice rub from when I make tagine.

Not sure how I am going to season the shoulder yet.

I really loved his passion for cooking and creating something unique.

I just put some seasoned lamb ribs in the fridge for tonight. I need to head out for a bit and then I'll prep my lamb shoulder.

With the ribs I used a Mike's hot honey base and then did a hybrid standard BBQ rub and my spice rub from when I make tagine.

Not sure how I am going to season the shoulder yet.

Thanks for sharing this info. How did your lamb ribs turn out?

I love lamb and sometimes cook a leg, but have never even found or cooked lamb ribs before... until today! I happened to find some at the market this morning and decided then and there what was for dinner tonight. Hurried home to slather them in Gazebo Room Greek marinade/dressing, some basic complementary rub and a sprig of rosemary. Hoping for the best!

Thanks for sharing this info. How did your lamb ribs turn out?

I love lamb and sometimes cook a leg, but have never even found or cooked lamb ribs before... until today! I happened to find some at the market this morning and decided then and there what was for dinner tonight. Hurried home to slather them in Gazebo Room Greek marinade/dressing, some basic complementary rub and a sprig of rosemary. Hoping for the best!
The ribs were excellent. One of my favorite cuts. Though I did overcook them a bit. No point really in tossing them on the smoker. Should have just gone hot and fast.

The shoulder I would do differently in the future. I went bone in and probably dropped $20 on bones alone. I think that also added to the gaminess.

I made a pomegranate-sumac BBQ for the ribs and a apricot BBQ sauce for the shoulder.

366073888_10160792312211271_5884331739998878757_n.jpg

366085264_10160792312131271_4318166907052424002_n.jpg

That all looks fantastic! Love the idea of a pomegranate-sumac sauce with lamb.

Did you track the final temp of the ribs? That gave me a bit of trouble today. Many websites said only go to 145 deg, but that seemed way too low for ribs, so I took mine to about 185 with a finishing sear on them. Weren't overcooked at all, and tasted pretty good for my first time in lamb ribs.

When I probed them they were at like 154 or something. I let them and the shoulder rest for about 40 minutes. Not my finest execution to date.

The pomegranate - sumac sauce was awesome. A nice tang and then sweetness to it. I used it on some duck the other day and worked well with that too.

I'll be in Austin in about two weeks. I'm definitely stopping by to try it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back