Bull Do you recommend the Competition Cart

kennyschmidt

Do Bull owners recommend the competition cart? The one I ordered should be the newer model with the angled legs so I wont be able to do the mod to add the larger rubber wheels. I live in an area that will have really high winds in the winter and the last thing I want is to walk outside one day and it be tipped over but spending $400 on the competition cart seems like a lot for what it is (but I do really like the way it looks). I also had planned on buying the RT-590 but talked myself into spending more money on the RT-700 after I missed the free competition cart for the RT-590. Thanks

I have the comp cart on my 700 and love it. It makes it super easy to move around on just about any surface. I just bought a 700 for my son and he preferred the stock wheels because he thought the shelf would be better for his use.
There is a thread on the forum that shows a wheel mod with the angled legs using shim washers, so you can do a wheel upgrade if you feel it is necessary.

The wide legs that now ship with the RT-700 shouldn't have a big risk of tipping over. That's why they switched from the older straight legs.

If you will be moving the grill regularly, then I'd recommend the comp cart. Some of us had issues with the stock casters failing. In my case the swivel casters broke. They can be replaced with heavier duty than the OEM ones. The fixed wheels are more challenging now with the wide legs.

I wheel my RT-700 in and out of my porch to my deck, the comp cart made it much easier, also the locking wheels are way nicer on the Comp Cart. If you aren't moving it, i'm not sure it would matter as much. There are some pretty cool mods where people have used a truck box and alike to make a cart, If I didn't have a Comp Cart I would consider going that route at least.

I won't be moving ours off the covered back porch. So chose not to go with the cart. I plan to put a tool box on the lower shelf for all the grill tools. It the cart had included shelving and storage it would have been a no brainer.

Last edited:
Do Bull owners recommend the competition cart? The one I ordered should be the newer model with the angled legs so I wont be able to do the mod to add the larger rubber wheels. I live in an area that will have really high winds in the winter and the last thing I want is to walk outside one day and it be tipped over but spending $400 on the competition cart seems like a lot for what it is (but I do really like the way it looks). I also had planned on buying the RT-590 but talked myself into spending more money on the RT-700 after I missed the free competition cart for the RT-590. Thanks
I have the Comp Cart and love it now time to design a table for the legs and wheels that came with the Bull. Ps smokebox and folding shelf also a must have. I also purchased those and love my R700 setup

Thanks for the post, I was wondering the same thing.

I have the Comp Cart and love it now time to design a table for the legs and wheels that came with the Bull. Ps smokebox and folding shelf also a must have. I also purchased those and love my R700 setup
Gene Gauger makes SS tops.

Smokebox - big plus
Folding table - yes
Grill grates - get those too. Great for small things. I smoke nuts every once in a while & it makes the process a lot easier than just silicone mats

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back