Coming soon?

Well, I thought about this 1000 degree thing and initially scoffed. Then I remember that a friend has one of those ceramic gas powered broilers for searing off steaks, etc. at an advertised 1500 degrees. His little toy was pretty pricey. I can almost see getting one of these doodads for searing, but also as maybe a Weber kettle alternative.

My only question is, "Will notifications work on weekends?"

Wow, double the price for 1K temps? I bought the ‘original’ 380B in a June 2020 and I literally burned it out by November 2020. recteq graciously replaced it with a new 380B and I’ve never run the replacement in ‘Riot’ mode, and it has performed perfectly for nearly two years now. Just because it can get that hot doesn’t mean it should.

Just saw the video they released on the new Bullseye. It looks good. I have a Bullseye that I use weekly. Looks like this one will control temps better, curious about price point. And for what its worth I have never had my 380 above 400 and never in riot mode. Anyway, It does look good, but my 380 still rocking, so will wait a bit and finally after 2 years I just cleaned it!

We will be at the Academy in a couple weeks. I'm hoping they are using some of the new Bullseyes for the classes. If so, I will pass along observations. Price is $699 at Recteq Fest and $799 afterwards.
That is not too terrible, I think I paid $299 for my 380 back in the day and I can certainly say I am getting my monies worth!
Looking forward to your reviews!

Live shot of my Bullseye-I use it almost every day. For $400, it’s a steal. For double that, I’m not sure what I think?

8A453E20-89D3-4088-A31A-C6FCC968F25F.jpeg

Looks like they did actually listen to the complaints/concerns over the past several years. Since it is the same size, I probably will ask about buying a diffuser from the 380X, to put in my 380. There is no way to make it fit, but the wi-fi controller would be nice as well. $699 cash and carry on Saturday -- while they last. I wonder how many came into Savannah ?

So do y’all think the cheaper model will disappear? 400 can be an impulse buy, 800 is likely not going to happen for a 22in kettle.
(For me)

So do y’all think the cheaper model will disappear? 400 can be an impulse buy, 800 is likely not going to happen for a 22in kettle.
(For me)
Ray alluded to the fact that there were going to be some changes in the "non-1000 degree" Bulls-Eye, but gave no timeline. I paid $499 for my original Bulls-Eye, so I think the $399 price is an extended flush-out of the old style, and that may take a couple or so months (3 or 4).

Wish it was not $800 but allot of really good new features. WIFI PID. Folding work tray, which was really needed. Seems like a larger hopper. Dust/ash clean-out. Lower shelf. Taller cooking surface. (Wonder if the original cover will still work?) Probably would never run it at that temp. Barely use riot today, for the same reasons others have stated. If others pick one up, please report...

BTW - paid $399 for my 380 and have been very pleased for what I want it for.

I know it’s apples and oranges but as far as price point snd function, my Weber performer was $550 and is a kettle cooker with the prep table.
Ray alluded to the fact that there were going to be some changes in the "non-1000 degree" Bulls-Eye, but gave no timeline. I paid $499 for my original Bulls-Eye, so I think the $399 price is an extended flush-out of the old style, and that may take a couple or so months (3 or 4).
would not be shocked to see a Bullseye Black Friday deal like they had in the past when trying to get rid of discontinued products.

I would expect some sort of deal for either the older Bullseye or the new one.

Just a thought but wouldn't a pellet flat top griddle open to the air go through way to many pellets way to fast. I don't know if this is true but may be why No one has done it yet.
RTF…,

Great observation. If it sucks pellets like my Blackstone’s drains propane, it will take an incredible design if it is left ”open faced”. Keeping a large heat-eating metal surface evenly heated outside is one of the griddle industry’s biggest challenge. I can use the rolled steel or cast iron solution on my Tailgater and the cast iron (once heated properly) recovers quicker but if the ambient temps are low, you are constantly chasing the thermal Gods. I changed out my factory regulator for an adjustable and can achieve cooking temps quicker and maintain them for longer periods of time, but that is at the sacrifice of fuel consumption.

Restaurant owner here:

My experience with GMG (A Jim Bowie Prime from 2019) is mixed. Overall the grill/smoker does a really good job but we went through three motors/gear boxes. All covered under warranty but the turn-around, and pain in the ass factor was a big minus. The most recent gearmotor has been running strong for 2 years but the unit has now been relegated to beef jerky duty only since we got a 300-gallon bottom fire for our brisket and ribs. 80-100 pounds every Saturday!

The local store support (when they would answer) was blaming all kinds of things like wet pellets, bad pellets, too many pellets, too FEW pellets - yeah -. After finally getting a factory direct guy and his private cell, we were able to get a good gearmotor properly installed and it's been running well since. He even put in custom smoke tuning for our WiFi.

Chef was right: we should have gone Traeger from the beginning for another $300.

My two cents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back