Recteq RT1250 coming soon

IDK.. I'm not seeing the benefits based on outcome of cooking valued at $400 here personally. I would rather spend that on some good meats than on the changes (some call upgrades).

If I add in the outside shelf I put together then it's closer to maybe $350 difference. Still a lot of $ and I'm not seeing that difference. I have had 0 issues with wiFi and no concerns about a cord being chewed or need an AC outlet on my grill. I have plenty around me to use. Plus there is no inside light now. Not that it is useful but a standard option that is now removed. I have yet to use the 2nd inside shelf I purchased so there is no real benefit to me on the change with that. I have not installed the 3 RPM motor as I have no use for it as well or need 600 deg on a wood smoker. I have other much better options for that. Maybe just me? :unsure:

Now if they offered it closer in price, I can justify it.. just not $400. It is not adding up to me. More $$ for their toys out of my pocket to line theirs. No thanks.

I tend to agree. I just bought the 700 and the shelf. There's not enough to justify upgrading for me. If I were going to upgrade, I'd go BFG. But at that point, I wonder if it'd just be better to get a 2nd grill.

If I were buying it new, 1250 all the way, but justifying an upgrade would be a stretch for me.

Nice, but honestly.....too big for me. I would like to see some of the items become available accessories for the 700....drip shield, shelf holder, etc.

I've already put a 1/4" plate on my deflector, so that's done. Wouldn't upgrade to cast iron at this point since I have already fixed the issue. I may add hooks on the back on mine to hold the folding shelf I have, and maybe some kind of durable wire sheath for the wires.
It appears to be the exact same size as the 700 so I'm not really seeing the too big part of this, unless you are also saying the 700 is too big. In that case I would understand.

IDK.. I'm not seeing the benefits based on outcome of cooking valued at $400 here personally. I would rather spend that on some good meats than on the changes (some call upgrades).

If I add in the outside shelf I put together then it's closer to maybe $350 difference. Still a lot of $ and I'm not seeing that difference. I have had 0 issues with wiFi and no concerns about a cord being chewed or need an AC outlet on my grill. I have plenty around me to use. Plus there is no inside light now. Not that it is useful but a standard option that is now removed. I have yet to use the 2nd inside shelf I purchased so there is no real benefit to me on the change with that. I have not installed the 3 RPM motor as I have no use for it as well or need 600 deg on a wood smoker. I have other much better options for that. Maybe just me? :unsure:

Now if they offered it closer in price, I can justify it.. just not $400. It is not adding up to me. More $$ for their toys out of my pocket to line theirs. No thanks.
I especially agree if you already have a 700 this definitely isn't worth buying this new grill to replace that one, but I am looking to buy my first pellet grill so all of the added upgrades together make it worth it for me.

It appears to be the exact same size as the 700 so I'm not really seeing the too big part of this, unless you are also saying the 700 is too big. In that case I would understand.

I especially agree if you already have a 700 this definitely isn't worth buying this new grill to replace that one, but I am looking to buy my first pellet grill so all of the added upgrades together make it worth it for me.

I get you but do the math on the cost of the "upgrades" and the benefit to you. The inside 2nd shelf is optional as I understand it so that is extra. You won't benefit a better cook for the difference that I can see and we don't know if it in fact has a 3RPM motor 2.5 or what. I see so much more to spend $400 on and if I was buying today and that was available I would not line their pockets. I get you though. Do what is right for you. There is something about having the latest that has value.

I joined the forum because I just ordered a RT700. I saw this thread and called to cancel, and have them add me to the newsletter so I can order this, instead. The guy I work with who got me convinced to buy RecTeq is super-jealous.

I get you but do the math on the cost of the "upgrades" and the benefit to you. The inside 2nd shelf is optional as I understand it so that is extra. You won't benefit a better cook for the difference that I can see and we don't know if it in fact has a 3RPM motor 2.5 or what. I see so much more to spend $400 on and if I was buying today and that was available I would not line their pockets. I get you though. Do what is right for you. There is something about having the latest that has value.
Yeah the shelf was kind of confusing. One spot says it's included and another says optional. It is shown in the stock pictures so I am assuming that it is included but could be a swaying factor to get the 700 if it's not included. I would really rather have a sliding shelf over one you place in like the Recteq optional second shelf for the 700.

I see what you are saying though about the upgrades not really adding anything to the cooking abilities of it. They really don't add anything at all but it is nice to have all the updated parts as long as they don't start trying to make it cheaper like most companies do with "new" models.

The one thing I really wish they would add is a wheel upgrade so that you could get big wheels for off road without needing to spend a huge amount of money for a competition cart. It's an easy enough fix, just wishing they offered a big wheel option.

Yeah the shelf was kind of confusing. One spot says it's included and another says optional. It is shown in the stock pictures so I am assuming that it is included but could be a swaying factor to get the 700 if it's not included. I would really rather have a sliding shelf over one you place in like the Recteq optional second shelf for the 700.

I see what you are saying though about the upgrades not really adding anything to the cooking abilities of it. They really don't add anything at all but it is nice to have all the updated parts as long as they don't start trying to make it cheaper like most companies do with "new" models.

The one thing I really wish they would add is a wheel upgrade so that you could get big wheels for off road without needing to spend a huge amount of money for a competition cart. It's an easy enough fix, just wishing they offered a big wheel option.

It would make more sense if the inside shelf is included. My eyes would certainly favor that with that price tag. One must think it has to be :).

It would make more sense if the inside shelf is included. My eyes would certainly favor that with that price tag. One must think it has to be :).
I agree-perhaps also explains why the price jumped $100 overnight. Perhaps recteq changed their mind on the internal shelf.

No word on this (that I know of), but I’d bet a lot of money that it does.

for that price i woods have liked to seen a slightly longer barrel like a 40in vs the 36 of the 700. i definitely like the second shelf and will be adding one to my 700. but for that price if i was buying a grill today i would hope for a deal on a 700 close out but would pay current 700 prices before they sold out. the 1250 is nice but to me the value is not as good as the current 700

for that price i woods have liked to seen a slightly longer barrel like a 40in vs the 36 of the 700. i definitely like the second shelf and will be adding one to my 700. but for that price if i was buying a grill today i would hope for a deal on a 700 close out but would pay current 700 prices before they sold out. the 1250 is nice but to me the value is not as good as the current 700
Ive had my eye on the PCS Rackworks sliders for another shelf. Anyone have any experience with those?

Ive had my eye on the PCS Rackworks sliders for another shelf. Anyone have any experience with those?
I was going to get one of those along with a 700 before the 1250 was announced. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was all carbon steel and not stainless steel. To a lot of people I'm sure that doesn't matter, but I personally would prefer stainless for the cooking grates themselves.

I just saw today that the text was updated to say
  • 1250 sq. in. cooking area with removeable large 2nd shelf | More food means more friends
Instead of saying
  • 1250 sq. in. cooking area with optional large 2nd shelf | More food means more friends
I am thinking/hoping the second shelf is included. I am guessing that they copied the 700s webpage and are updating it to match the 1250s specifications. I keep looking for dimensions to see if it is indeed the same as the 700 but the dimensions aren't up yet.

holy crap, they probably saw how excited we all were and jacked it up another hundred overnight! 😲 Can we pre-order today before it's $1699 tomorrow?
Dirty Dawgs...
They sure did jack it up $100 over night. Saw all the excitement and took advantage of the potential market.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-030955_recteq.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-030955_recteq.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20210729-135544_recteq.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729-135544_recteq.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 125
I just saw today that the text was updated to say
  • 1250 sq. in. cooking area with removeable large 2nd shelf | More food means more friends
Instead of saying
  • 1250 sq. in. cooking area with optional large 2nd shelf | More food means more friends
I am thinking/hoping the second shelf is included. I am guessing that they copied the 700s webpage and are updating it to match the 1250s specifications. I keep looking for dimensions to see if it is indeed the same as the 700 but the dimensions aren't up yet.

maybe if we keep adding options on in this thread they will update the site with those also :).. They clearly are watching.. that drip shield is a rip off of what has been posted here along with what I bet is the 3RPM motor mod..

I still struggle to see the increase value… hint.. hint

maybe if we keep adding options on in this thread they will update the site with those also :).. They clearly are watching.. that drip shield is a rip off of what has been posted here along with what I bet is the 3RPM motor mod..

They still haven't added the bigger wheels that I asked for. LOL

Coupon for free keg of beer and 7 bone rib roast from local store of your choice. Hope they are watching.

I haven't called personally but think I might...
I'm hearing the grill is NOT bigger, they are just adding the inner shelf as cooking space.
And also, that they are not going to offer a mod kit for the 700. Has anyone already called in here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back