Recteq RT1250 coming soon

I haven't called personally but think I might...
I'm hearing the grill is NOT bigger, they are just adding the inner shelf as cooking space.
And also, that they are not going to offer a mod kit for the 700. Has anyone already called in here?
It’s an updated RT-700, so yes the additional 550 sq. in. space comes from the second shelf “(1250 sq. in. cooking area with removeable large 2nd shelf)“.The space in the RT-2500 BFG is calculated the same way-the sum of the square inches of the shelves.

Last edited:
It’s an updated RT-700, so yes the additional 550 sq. in. space comes from the second shelf “(1250 sq. in. cooking area with removeable large 2nd shelf)“.The space in the RT-2500 BFG is calculated the same way-the sum of the square inches of the shelves.
Gotta love those marketing folks :)

Since I have the other shelf....I guess I already got one of these, with a light and a 1/4" steel plate heat deflector. LOL.

The other items (drip shield, and rack holder) can be added to my 700 for less than $50. :p

If it has the 3RPM motor, well add another $50ish and I am still saving $300 that I can spend on meat.

Since I have the other shelf....I guess I already got one of these, with a light and a 1/4" steel plate heat deflector. LOL.

The other items (drip shield, and rack holder) can be added to my 700 for less than $50. :p

If it has the 3RPM motor, well add another $50ish and I am still saving $300 that I can spend on meat.
And you saved a couple of bucks too!

Anybody looking for a hinged cover for the grease bucket? I'm always forgetting to get it out of the rain!
Bigger wheels most definitely.
I hope someone is watching.
Given I have a 680 that's getting old this looks promising.

Anybody looking for a hinged cover for the grease bucket? I'm always forgetting to get it out of the rain!
Bigger wheels most definitely.
I hope someone is watching.
Given I have a 680 that's getting old this looks promising.

I believe @Hilbe sells a bucket cover.
I do, but it's not hinged. Snaps on. Nice to finally keep the rain/snow out.

I'll have to check, but RT only makes 1 bucket size so would guess the 1250 also has same grease bucket.

So..... I have been mulling the 700 for a few months now. Both the outside and inside shelves have been sticking points for me. This looks like it may be my new baby come the fall.

Personally, I do not see $400.00 worth of improvements to the 1250. I will stick with my 700 as I have most of the mods done already.

Another thing I am kind of wondering is why they went with a 1 piece lower rack instead of the 2 piece lower rack like the 700 has. Only thing I can think of is so that both racks can utilize the rack hooks on the back of the hopper?

Another thing I am kind of wondering is why they went with a 1 piece lower rack instead of the 2 piece lower rack like the 700 has. Only thing I can think of is so that both racks can utilize the rack hooks on the back of the hopper?
You can pull the lower rack out to work on whatever is cooking on the lower shelf and not disturb the top shelf

You can pull the lower rack out to work on whatever is cooking on the lower shelf and not disturb the top shelf
I posted that in a different thread somewhere after I received my grill and assembled it that that's why it's one piece. Thanks for updating this thread!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back