Coming soon?

I would think a Blackstone type grill would be a better option then a pizza oven! Seems like half our friends and family now have Blackstone grills and getting rid of their Webers!

My home is entertainment central when the soccer and tennis teams visit. You’ve haven’t lived until 25 kids start making pizzas on a Friday night once a month. Don’t let me get started about the Frat stopping by for a visit.lol. We use the pizza oven, gasser. Bull and a second gasser.

View attachment 17654
Love that!

How about instead of a new product they just give the people what they want and get the smoker box back in stock. Been waiting over a year for one. Still waiting.....

Man, don't you know there is a chip shortage? That smoker box easily takes 2 bags of sour cream and onion and 1 bag of BBQ chips to make.

I have the smoker box. It has the following benefits:
1. Looks really cool
2. Protects the grease bucket
3. Gives you an extra shelf to put plates on top while cooking

That's about it. The temperature is difficult to regulate and not integrated into the controller or app, just analog gauges. Top shelf is hot, bottom shelf is cold. It's difficult to reach beyond the front 6 inches. That means you end up with just a few square inches of space at the perfect temperature.
I have smoked jerky, cheese, and fish in there. I have gotten better results by using a smoke tube in the main grill and using maintenance mode to turn on the fan without the fire. For fish and jerky, I started with that method to get the flavor, then turned the grill on low to get the heat and cook the food. I don't think you could completely smoke meat to cure it with these grills.
Just my thoughts on the smoke box.

It's Product Spotlight Thursday. Maybe today is the day?!

Edit: Not today

Last edited:
I can't imagine it being a pizza oven. I have an OONI pizza that gets to 950F, but I never cook pizza that hot. It cooks in about 90 seconds and your chances of burning it or your eyebrows are about 65%.

Can't wait to see what it is.
They teased it yesterday on their live feed and had it in the corner with a cover on it. Doesn’t look like the shape of anything that is a pizza oven, top looks more flat.

F77655D3-CAFE-4E4C-8400-0E3CCA9997EF.png

They teased it yesterday on their live feed and had it in the corner with a cover on it. Doesn’t look like the shape of anything that is a pizza oven, top looks more flat.

View attachment 17748
Kind of looks like my Blackstone with the lid but minus the shelves on the sides. Be interesting to see what it is. Maybe a pellet fired broiler for crisping chicken and turkeys?

Kind of looks like my Blackstone with the lid but minus the shelves on the sides. Be interesting to see what it is. Maybe a pellet fired broiler for crisping chicken and turkeys?
It has a latch down lid too. So I think of egg style grills that have a locking latch.

Guess we will see soon

I doubt it. It's not needed. I updated the firmware on my Bullseye, 700 and Weber kettle last week without an issue. Thinking I might update the firmware on my bonfire pit next.
That's the spirit! I bet you had zero connectivity issues on both the Weber and Bullseye after the update(s).

Just a thought but wouldn't a pellet flat top griddle open to the air go through way to many pellets way to fast. I don't know if this is true but may be why No one has done it yet.

Wow, not what I was expecting. Looks very nice, good features. But I already own a Bullseye and don't see purchasing another one. I have the 590 and am thinking of getting another smoker such as a Green Mountain Grill (I need it to cook at 150F for smoking sausages).

I like my Bullseye, but I've noticed that it cooks hotter than my 590 when they are set to the same temp. Not sure what's going on but foods I cook on the Bullseye burn on the bottom, regardless of temp.

I am curious what someone would cook at 1,000 degrees.

Wow, not what I was expecting. Looks very nice, good features. But I already own a Bullseye and don't see purchasing another one. I have the 590 and am thinking of getting another smoker such as a Green Mountain Grill (I need it to cook at 150F for smoking sausages).

I like my Bullseye, but I've noticed that it cooks hotter than my 590 when they are set to the same temp. Not sure what's going on but foods I cook on the Bullseye burn on the bottom, regardless of temp.

I am curious what someone would cook at 1,000 degrees.
A body

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back