Can I cut this in half?

If I don't do the simmer in vac bag method, I love heating it up in the cast iron. The crispy bits are the best on a sandwich or taco!

I use NC vinegar sauce, douse the PP before freezing in zip lock freezer bags as I don't have a vac sealer. Thaw, unzip the bags a bit, and nuke to warm back up. Stir as needed.

We vacuum seal and it works great! When we want to use a package we take it out of the freezer, let it thaw and then put it in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes along with a couple ears of corn and you have a meal in one! Tastes just like it just came off the smoker!

As much as I am trying to resist having Yet One More Thing in my kitchen, I’m seeing more and more how I would benefit from having a vacuum sealer.
We use ours all the time. We buy bulk on meats on the cheap. Break it down and freeze. Just got 10 pound tube of 81/19 hamburger. I break it down to 1 lb portions and 1/3 lb balls for smash burgers and freeze. I’ve gotten it as low as $1.89 lb. steaks, roasts, etc. all freeze for a long time when vac sealed. Now as far as pulled pork, I always make 2 and freeze leftovers and/or share for takehomes. It will pay for its self fast. Our food saver is prob 20 years old. I buy premade bags on amazon for $.06-.08 a bag. OEM bags are about $.50 a bag. Not such a good deal.

We use ours all the time. We buy bulk on meats on the cheap. Break it down and freeze. Just got 10 pound tube of 81/19 hamburger. I break it down to 1 lb portions and 1/3 lb balls for smash burgers and freeze. I’ve gotten it as low as $1.89 lb. steaks, roasts, etc. all freeze for a long time when vac sealed. Now as far as pulled pork, I always make 2 and freeze leftovers and/or share for takehomes. It will pay for its self fast. Our food saver is prob 20 years old. I buy premade bags on amazon for $.06-.08 a bag. OEM bags are about $.50 a bag. Not such a good deal.
Do you have a link to the bags that you use from Amazon?

For those freezing the cooked pulled pork, I’m curious how you are reheating it? I’ve not been real pleased with how I’m doing it, but what has worked best so far is to simmer it in a little chicken stock.
Ate some tonight actually. did the old fried with potatoes added a can of corn, onions, salted and enjoyed, Simple and quick.

We got a vacuum sealer a few months ago and use it all the time now. Left overs, separating meat into smaller portions before freezing, no more chip clips because you can seal chip/food bags without vacuuming as well. great kitchen tool, now i am looking at meat slicers, it never ends....

@ccmjr77 is right on the other stuff to seal. I haven't had any stale potato chips or moldy blocks of cheese since I bought a vacuum sealer. Vacuum the cheese, don't vacuum the chips. Hell, I even vacuum seal some tools for the boat so I can leave them there and they won't rust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back