Boneless Center Cut pork loin roast

Rule 1: Don’t go beyond ~140F
Rule 2: Inject, Inject, Inject
Rule 3: Over-season but go light on the salt
Rule 4; Reverse sear if needed
Rule 5: Enjoy
Thank you, I’ll follow up with the results.
Any preferred injection ingredients?

Thank you, I’ll follow up with the results.
Any preferred injection ingredients?
RH,

I like to stay on the lighter side of the salt profiles, as such, I don’t use premixed stuff. My last loin was injected with garlic powder, a slight amount of onion powder (it can change the fragrance of the protein), brown sugar, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and kosher salt. I am experimenting with another recipe that will use my home made hot honey but it is not ready for release. You can also add your favorite herbs. Mix the ingredients and add water. Then bring to a low boil to liquify everything, let it cool, inject away. As you inject remember to put the needle in all the away and work you way back out. If not, you may have marinade all over the place.

Edit: I forgot to add the most important part, unsalted butter.

Last edited:
@SmokeZilla

We were quite pleased how evenly moist this was tonight.
Totally gave the shotgun approach to injecting marinade.

Cooked at 180 degrees a few hours then 350 for the last 45 minutes to 140 internal.

I now like lean smoked pork.

Thank you!

B6C6B757-9559-40BC-A09D-ABC8CDB6D469.jpeg

F8611E21-5425-474A-8C1B-9EEBE25EEEA5.jpeg

3994883E-4488-4283-840B-34D154D0169E.jpeg

1710F52C-A023-4BC6-81E7-FD02928077A9.jpeg

Nicely done! I usually pull my pork loins and tenderloins at 138F and let them rest for 15 minutes. They usually rise to 144-145F during the rest. Looks like yours was very juicy, so you didn't overcook it. Too many people think pork has to be cooked to 160F IT to be safe, but that's not so. Even 140F after a 10-minute rest is perfectly safe. Overcooking pork makes it dry. Yours looks delicious.

@SmokeZilla

We were quite pleased how evenly moist this was tonight.
Totally gave the shotgun approach to injecting marinade.

Cooked at 180 degrees a few hours then 350 for the last 45 minutes to 140 internal.

I now like lean smoked pork.

Thank you!

View attachment 21288

View attachment 21289

View attachment 21290

View attachment 21291
Wow. Now that’s a good looking Pork Loin. The smoke ring, bark, and juices, are indicators to me that you have success written all over your future cooks. Congrats.

Edit: RH, now that you have mastered the loin, try some Char Sui (Cantonese Red Pork Meat). I think you will find it to be an amusing twist on using Pork Loin.

Last edited:
Nicely done! I usually pull my pork loins and tenderloins at 138F and let them rest for 15 minutes. They usually rise to 144-145F during the rest. Looks like yours was very juicy, so you didn't overcook it. Too many people think pork has to be cooked to 160F IT to be safe, but that's not so. Even 140F after a 10-minute rest is perfectly safe. Overcooking pork makes it dry. Yours looks delicious.
Thank you Jim for the compliment.
I too despise dry pork. Learning as I go thanks to my friends Here !

Wow. Now that’s a good looking Pork Loin. The smoke ring, bark, and juices, are indicators to me that you have success written all over your future cooks. Congrats.

Edit: RH, now that you have mastered the loin, try some Char Sui (Cantonese Red Pork Meat). I think you will find it to be an amusing twist on using Pork Loin.
Hmmm- a new mission to pursue @SmokeZilla

Last edited:
A properly smoked pork loin "roast" is fabulous.......and looks like you nailed it. No question that so many still overcook cuts of pork, the only pork I like overcooked is bacon. :)
Agree 100% It’s harder to accomplish than most people think, but a well cooked pork loin is not easy. I’ve cooked a few really good ones over the years, but sometimes not so much. Pork tenderloins are even more difficult. Nice job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back