Trailblazer Bottom cabinet and shelf mod

Keleent

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
Hey guys! New Rec Tec owner here! I'm proud to join the RT family. I have an RT 340 that I will not really be tailgating or transporting- it will remain stationary.
With that said, when I look at my Rec Tec I see a lot of space that can be optimized. I have a few ideas that I'm hoping you guys could help me achieve!
I want a clean look that looks factory and performs well.

1. Front tray,
I keep noticing how many times I need a table or something near me when cooking so I can set food on etc. Through my research I saw a few different methods on here such as buying an amazon bracket and affixing a shelf to it.
I found a Traeger shelf that may work with the Rec Tec but it seems like it requires drilling into the cooking tube.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Folding-Replacement-Traeger-Tailgater/dp/B07ZFD1PX6/

2. A side table
Another option would be to have a side table. There are two convenient screws holding the handle that I've seen people utilize for an additional searer or add on. This could be placed there too it seems:

https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Trager-Pellet-Grills-Without/dp/B07ZF5QXPK/

3. A CABINET!
This will definitely remove fold-ability but I really like the look of them and they will be very handy to place things in. This seems like it would be the hardest to achieve. I don't know why RT didn't have the option to buy one. Z Grills and the Gorilla Grills have one.. which brings me to my next question. Would it be possible to buy the bottom cabinet of either a Z grill or Gorilla grill and screw the RT cooking tube and screwing it onto either a Z grill cart or a Gorilla grill cart?

Z-Grill-ZPG-700E-8-in-1-Pellet-Grill-Storage-Cabinet-Silver-Black-fa114af2-670d-43d2-a53a-cb2d1bfe9b52.jpg

silverbac-wood-pellet-grill_large.jpg

Yeah, I have had similar questions on why RT really went cheap on this. For the price paid, you would think they would have better thought out the design and what their customers would want, especially with what the competition has to offer.

Yeah, I have had similar questions on why RT really went cheap on this. For the price paid, you would think they would have better thought out the design and what their customers would want, especially with what the competition has to offer.
Yeah.. don’t get me wrong I bet the Rec Tec is a better smoker but I mean the z grill even comes with a free cover ontop of having a cabinet. We had to purchase the cover and they don’t even offer a cabinet. Their customer service is amazing though .

Hey guys! New Rec Tec owner here! I'm proud to join the RT family. I have an RT 340 that I will not really be tailgating or transporting- it will remain stationary.
With that said, when I look at my Rec Tec I see a lot of space that can be optimized. I have a few ideas that I'm hoping you guys could help me achieve!
I want a clean look that looks factory and performs well.

1. Front tray,
I keep noticing how many times I need a table or something near me when cooking so I can set food on etc. Through my research I saw a few different methods on here such as buying an amazon bracket and affixing a shelf to it.
I found a Traeger shelf that may work with the Rec Tec but it seems like it requires drilling into the cooking tube.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Folding-Replacement-Traeger-Tailgater/dp/B07ZFD1PX6/

2. A side table
Another option would be to have a side table. There are two convenient screws holding the handle that I've seen people utilize for an additional searer or add on. This could be placed there too it seems:

https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Trager-Pellet-Grills-Without/dp/B07ZF5QXPK/

3. A CABINET!
This will definitely remove fold-ability but I really like the look of them and they will be very handy to place things in. This seems like it would be the hardest to achieve. I don't know why RT didn't have the option to buy one. Z Grills and the Gorilla Grills have one.. which brings me to my next question. Would it be possible to buy the bottom cabinet of either a Z grill or Gorilla grill and screw the RT cooking tube and screwing it onto either a Z grill cart or a Gorilla grill cart?

Z-Grill-ZPG-700E-8-in-1-Pellet-Grill-Storage-Cabinet-Silver-Black-fa114af2-670d-43d2-a53a-cb2d1bfe9b52.jpg

silverbac-wood-pellet-grill_large.jpg
Screwing the tube of one smoker onto the base of another is exactly what got Dr. Frankenstein in trouble ??

1588554117543.png

The question is why would you buy a grill that is meant for transporting then complain that it is
not all that you want in a permanent grill.
Perhaps you made the wrong choice for you purposes.

The question is why would you buy a grill that is meant for transporting then complain that it is
not all that you want in a permanent grill.
Perhaps you made the wrong choice for you purposes.
Well, so which RT grill could I buy that has a cabinet? You tell me... since none of them have it on the site...

The 340 is a mobile grill and a can good grill for the money. The only thing it lacks is a front shelf. But a diy shelf can made. I love mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back