RT-1250 Bottom grate doesn’t fit???

scuttlebutt21

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just purchased a new RT-1250. I assembled it per the instructions and the bottom grate doesn’t fit inside the grate slots. Sent pics and vids to Recteq and they shipped me a new bottom grate (said they would send it 2-day but definitely did not!), and now the new grate also doesn’t fit. I measured both grates and they are 34” wide, the opening in the grill from slot to slot is 33 3/4”. has anyone else experienced this issue? I’m so bummed and regretting ever hearing about Rectec…

First, welcome to the forum!

Something doesn’t sound right. If both the original and replacement grill are the same size (34”) and they are both about 1/4” too wide, I’d look at how the slide channels are installed. I don’t have a 1250, so don’t have any hands-on experience, but I think there’s something simple gone awry. And, I suspect it can be easily fixed.

I’m sure a 1250 owner/user will be along shortly to help you figure it out. Good luck.

A picture would help.

I have a 1250 and the channel for the grates are already preinstalled. So if two sets of grates dont fit into the channels, the screwed up on the build and built it too small.

Oh China...you never cease to amaze us

I’m so bummed and regretting ever hearing about Rectec…
You've gotta have more posts to be able to say that...
Can we see the pics/video - this is a first (I think).

Edit: both top and bottom rack size = 33" wide according to recteq.
1686772870921.png

Last edited:
Has the 700/1250 gone to a one-piece lower grate, rather than two-piece split grates?
I can't speak of the 700 but I know the 1250 is a single piece lower and single piece upper rack.

I'll try to get measurements from mine when I get home from work.

Last edited:
My grate is 34" and the space between the channels is 33". You do have to have the grate at an angle to slide it into the opening in the front of the channel and to get it out of the grill. It doesn't slide straight in and out.

20230616_121843.jpg
20230616_121834.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back