Leftover wheels and bottom shelf for new cart

Dadbo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. Stampede
Good afternoon everyone. My search terms used are likely wrong, so if anyone can point me in the proper direction, I will most grateful. I have the 590 and got the comp cart when I ordered the bundle few months ago. the bottom shelf and legs with wheels are still wrapped up having no need for them yet. I would like to make use of them as the bottom of a cart while grilling and thought others must have gone this route in the past. So I searched but no luck. So if anyone has any pictures of one they made or what the heck i should be searching for, life would be better! Lol. Having lots of fun and good food using the 590 and Bullseye. Y’all make the learning curve easier, so thanks.

I'm in the same boat where I have new wheels/legs sitting around doing nothing. I'm going to make a top out of scrap Ipe decking lumber like I did for my front shelf. I don't have anything drawn up yet, but have a good idea how I'm going to make it. I plan to make it this winter.

Here's my front shelf, the cart top will look similar, but 4 boards wide:

IMG_3472.JPG

I'm in the same boat where I have new wheels/legs sitting around doing nothing. I'm going to make a top out of scrap Ipe decking lumber like I did for my front shelf. I don't have anything drawn up yet, but have a good idea how I'm going to make it. I plan to make it this winter.

Here's my front shelf, the cart top will look similar, but 4 boards wide:

View attachment 17738
Looks very good. I actually have a couple hundred feet of that same material left over from my son’s fence. I may have to put some of that to good use! Thanks!

Looks very good. I actually have a couple hundred feet of that same material left over from my son’s fence. I may have to put some of that to good use! Thanks!
Gotta say, I've never seen a fence made from Ipe, that must have cost a fortune at ~$7.50 per linear foot for a 1"x 6" board 😲

If you use Ipe for the top, it will still be there long after those legs and wheels have disintegrated.

Good afternoon everyone. My search terms used are likely wrong, so if anyone can point me in the proper direction, I will most grateful. I have the 590 and got the comp cart when I ordered the bundle few months ago. the bottom shelf and legs with wheels are still wrapped up having no need for them yet. I would like to make use of them as the bottom of a cart while grilling and thought others must have gone this route in the past. So I searched but no luck. So if anyone has any pictures of one they made or what the heck i should be searching for, life would be better! Lol. Having lots of fun and good food using the 590 and Bullseye. Y’all make the learning curve easier, so thanks.
I read where one person took their left over grate and used it to make a bottom shelf in the compitition cart. Another person cut a board big enough to make a rolling table out of the legs and grate.

Gotta say, I've never seen a fence made from Ipe, that must have cost a fortune at ~$7.50 per linear foot for a 1"x 6" board 😲

If you use Ipe for the top, it will still be there long after those legs and wheels have disintegrated.
You are right. My son and daughter in law make a lot and wanted that for a fence. He was going to just trash it all but I rescued it along with 4x4 treated posts too! Just wondering what to responsibly build with it all.

You are right. My son and daughter in law make a lot and wanted that for a fence. He was going to just trash it all but I rescued it along with 4x4 treated posts too! Just wondering what to responsibly build with it all.
Good deal for you to get some free material. I built my deck from Ipe, it's some serious wood. You need to make sure to seal the end grain after cutting it to reduce the chance of checking.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back