Bull Any luck on 2.5 Auger for 2022 with Recteq?

If the advertised 2 rpm motors are true 2 rpm, I'd probably be more comfortable getting one of those. I am very content with the low temp performance of my 700 right now. I don't wanna loose ground there.

I think you have a case with cold temps as it is.. take the approach that it is not what you expected and are displeased.
That is exactly how I approached it but they stuck to their guns. I’ll be watching this thread to see what luck others have with Recteq or with a 3rd party motor, then will try again. Thanks for the advice!

My 2 rpm motor came in last night.

Is there a way to run the motor without the ignitor powering up? Or do I have to unplug the ignitor?
I want to run the motor and check the rpm before installing it and compare it to the OEM motor.

My 2 rpm motor came in last night.

Is there a way to run the motor without the ignitor powering up? Or do I have to unplug the ignitor?
I want to run the motor and check the rpm before installing it and compare it to the OEM motor.
If you’re wanting to test the motor that’s installed in your grill, you can run the grill’s test mode and choose the AUG setting.

If you’re wanting to test the motor that’s installed in your grill, you can run the grill’s test mode and choose the AUG setting.
Thanks. I want to disconnect the motor from the shaft and just count revs/time on the OEM vs the Amazon 2 rpm before I install it.

Also, I've been thinking about how to test the "time to temperature". I think the fairest way would be to go from a bbq smoking temp ramp up to max and use some RecTec pellets. But, I think a number of people have just commented about time from start to max temp and the max temp reached. I just want to make it a comparison others can use, but I know that the ignition of the pot can vary from a couple minutes up to 7-8 minutes, just on my 700 alone. So, I'm thinking of time from full ignition to max temp would be a valuable data point for all.

This is what I did.. I just disconnected the harness underneath and plugged my factory motor in while putting it in AUG test mode.

I would do that with the new one and check the RPM before pulling the old one out or drilling the shaft.

I first removed the OEM motor and put the auger motor in the test mode and timed it. The OEM motor is 1.6 rpm in my RT700, bought in late 2019.

I also timed the new Amazon motor https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BP3DGCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
which timed at exactly 2 rpm. So, at least I know I'm actually making a change.

I'm thinking I will reinstall the OEM motor and do some tests: 0-max temp, 225 to max temp.

Then repeat the tests with the 2 rpm motor. I know it doesn't sound like a big jump in speed, but it's a 25% increase.

Any other suggestions? What auger setting would you guess will be about right? I'm thinking 20-25. ???

I first removed the OEM motor and put the auger motor in the test mode and timed it. The OEM motor is 1.6 rpm in my RT700, bought in late 2019.

I also timed the new Amazon motor https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BP3DGCS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
which timed at exactly 2 rpm. So, at least I know I'm actually making a change.

I'm thinking I will reinstall the OEM motor and do some tests: 0-max temp, 225 to max temp.

Then repeat the tests with the 2 rpm motor. I know it doesn't sound like a big jump in speed, but it's a 25% increase.

Any other suggestions?

Great to know the replacements are really 2 RPM. That might explain some of the slow startups folks have. This might be a good summer motor :) ..

I like the tests.. good place to start.

Thanks for doing this

First test with the OEM motor finished. It topped out at 490f using RecTec Ultimate Blend. But it took a long time to get there. I'll post some graphs once I get through with the 2RPM motor test.

Is there a way to export the chart from the app to windows?

Last edited:
First test with the OEM motor finished. It topped out at 490f using RecTec Ultimate Blend. But it took a long time to get there. I'll post some graphs once I get through with the 2RPM motor test.

Is there a way to export the chart from the app to windows?

Not aware of any way to do that easily.. I just take screen shots. Would certainly be a nice feature that has been discussed before. Maybe a developer could get into the app data somehow and extract it but that is out of my league.

this is an exciting find! 25 percent increase should definitely be noticeable. when you do the mod take a few pictures of what you do. i bet this will be extremely popular. cant beat the price. keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I ran the 2 rpm motor on the second test. Huge change in time to temp. It topped out at 532F. Much quicker too. I have to run to a doctor's appointment. But I'll try to put together a chart tonight. The only thing left to do is to test the low stability.

Ok, here's the plot. On the OEM 1.6 rpm motor, I ran the test until the temperature sagged and didn't want to climb higher...51 minutes from roar in the fire pot/door closed.

On the 2 rpm aftermarket motor, I ran the test until temperature slowed significantly, but stopped the test at 30 minutes. In the last 3 mins 40 secs, it had climbed only 2 degrees and only 7 degrees in the last 5 mins. So it was flattening out. It may have gone to 540 ish after an extended period, but I was done.

You can see the initial 8-10 minutes is almost identical to the OEM motor, then the 2 rpm motor takes off above the OEM motor and outperforms it thru the whole run.

Disregard the "series 1" line.

The test conditions were 65F for the first test and 67F for the second test. light wind. Again, the pellets were RecTec Ultimate Blend (Oak and Hickory). The offset adjustment for the auger was left at the factory default of 30 for both tests.

At the 30 minute mark, where the 2 rpm motor seemed near peak at 532F, the OEM motor had achieved only 465F.
1.6 vs 2.0 rpm auger.jpg

Ok, here's the plot. On the OEM 1.6 rpm motor, I ran the test until the temperature sagged and didn't want to climb higher...51 minutes from roar in the fire pot/door closed.

On the 2 rpm aftermarket motor, I ran the test until temperature slowed significantly, but stopped the test at 30 minutes. In the last 3 mins 40 secs, it had climbed only 2 degrees and only 7 degrees in the last 5 mins. So it was flattening out. It may have gone to 540 ish after an extended period, but I was done.

You can see the initial 8-10 minutes is almost identical to the OEM motor, then the 2 rpm motor takes off above the OEM motor and outperforms it thru the whole run.

Disregard the "series 1" line.

The test conditions were 65F for the first test and 67F for the second test. light wind. Again, the pellets were RecTec Ultimate Blend (Oak and Hickory). The offset adjustment for the auger was left at the factory default of 30 for both tests.

At the 30 minute mark, where the 2 rpm motor seemed near peak at 532F, the OEM motor had achieved only 465F.
View attachment 15259

Not bad for the costs.. would be interesting to see the 3 RPM in there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back