Stampede first try at venison jerky ... wish me luck

Mark Ryan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Put on at 9 A.m., did my own marinade using teriaki shiracha sauce, honey, a little standard bbq rub blend, salt, habenero garlic hot sauce, pepper and a splash of vinegar.... i didnt want to run for soy sauce if thats what your are thinking...I'm guessing it will be a would have been better with soy sauce kinda thing but heres hoping. Using red/white oak/ hickory rec rec blend and a tube with apple and pecan.

Attachments

• 20200201_094029.jpg
    20200201_094029.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 99
Put on at 9 A.m., did my own marinade using teriaki shiracha sauce, honey, a little standard bbq rub blend, salt, habenero garlic hot sauce, pepper and a splash of vinegar.... i didnt want to run for soy sauce if thats what your are thinking...I'm guessing it will be a would have been better with soy sauce kinda thing but heres hoping. Using red/white oak/ hickory rec rec blend and a tube with apple and pecan.
How thin did you cut the venison?

I've got a milk crate about half full of venison myself, this could be a good use for it! :)

How thin did you cut the venison?

I've got a milk crate about half full of venison myself, this could be a good use for it! :)
It depends on how chewy you like your jerky, i did mine a little less than a quarter inch thick. It helps to cut the meat when its about 40 percent thawed for uniform cuts. The thinner the cut the harder the chew which i tend to like more but to please everyone I did this a little thicker... ive made jerky before, I just used a dehydrator instead of a smoker. I was overall pleased with my results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back