Bull Accessories dilemma

Flyjunkie

As I am making burgers tonight, after voting, I have a large selection of tools for the grill. There has got to be a better way to manage this spread. Not to mention it takes up valuable shelf space. Anyone have a setup for your more commonly used tools?

BD4FEA6E-5C75-4A45-903C-36E1C8A92156.jpeg

Wow, I just realized that the 1250 has hooks on the side of the controller that the 700 does not. With that said, my son in law picked up some hooks with magnetic bases and stuck them on the left side of his 340 controller. The controller cover is lower grade stainless steel so magnets work.

Wow, I just realized that the 1250 has hooks on the side of the controller that the 700 does not. With that said, my son in law picked up some hooks with magnetic bases and stuck them on the left side of his 340 controller. The controller cover is lower grade stainless steel so magnets work.
My 700 has tool hooks, but like @chadinsc i use a tool box.
06896B7F-7D6E-40AB-816B-67E4B08CB573.jpeg

I just ordered them from Amazon. (picture won't transfer--sorry). They work great but don't stick them to the hot part of grill as they fall off when heated. Got 12 for $23 +

E BAVITE 100LBS Heavy Duty Magnetic Hooks, Strong Neodymium Magnet Hook for Home, Kitchen, Workplace, Office and Garage- 12pack​

They are so strong, I can hardly remove them. Also they don't catch on the cover.
IMG_1737.jpeg

Last edited:
See added pic above. Very nicely finished. And super strong.

myself and several others on here use a tool box next to the grill for storage and counter spaceView attachment 17929
I have that exact setup next to mine. I made my own butcher block to fit and it looks like you might have done the same.
Great for keeping aluminum foil, butcher paper, spray bottles, all the hand tools, sear kits, etc.

I just ordered them from Amazon. (picture won't transfer--sorry). They work great but don't stick them to the hot part of grill as they fall off when heated. Got 12 for $23 +

E BAVITE 100LBS Heavy Duty Magnetic Hooks, Strong Neodymium Magnet Hook for Home, Kitchen, Workplace, Office and Garage- 12pack​

They are so strong, I can hardly remove them. Also they don't catch on the cover.
View attachment 17940
Must be some pretty cheap stainless steel if magnets stick to it.

The best that China has to offer :ROFLMAO:
RT Barrel and cabinet are 430 SS. Which has some iron inside a SS coating. So don't use abrasive cleaners,, they will scratch or remove the outer SS. And it aint cheap, just cheaper than 304 which they use for the drip tray, grates, outside shelves, hopper lids and fire/pot.
Very few brands have 304 SS on outside, and they are high end! i.e. Memphis, and others.
PS; China makes both good and poor 430 SS.

Screwing around with a LED gooseneck light with a magnetic base confirmed that the magnet stuck to the lid of the hopper, but not the barrel or even the controller shelf.

Screwing around with a LED gooseneck light with a magnetic base confirmed that the magnet stuck to the lid of the hopper, but not the barrel or even the controller shelf.
When it heats up it might not stick to anything. Let us know.

Was the barrel hot or cold?

I tried everything while the grill was cold/off. The light I picked up was nothing special. Just a gooseneck LED light with a magnet base from Eastwood really designed for working under a car hood. I liked that it was all anodized aluminum instead of cheap plastic. I put it on the hopper lid and it works fine even at high temps as the hopper lid stays cool.

1668812064256.png

I bought this thing for under $20. Good reviews, really bright, 2 magnets in the handle, rechargeable.
Thing is, I have the 1070 so I plop it on the corner of the hopper/shelf and it solves my problems with barbecue after 4pm during the winter.
You need about 150* to demagnetize the lowest quality magnet. There are grades of magnets that can withstand higher heats- but they are not going to be in our chinese made lights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back