Bull 95% Sure I want the bull...

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

I have had my RT-700 for three years now. I selected the 700 based on my research for a number of months. It was the most bang for the buck is why I gambled on an unseen grill.

Today, I can say without hesitation that I do not regret my selection. It's an awesome grill. I haven't had to use the RT customer service, so I can only assume they are as good as people say. I do mostly do overnight butts and briskets with it these days because I have the awesome Bullseye, which handles the faster weekday cooks for other stuff. You gotta get the Bullseye if getting the 700. It's an awesome combo.

I have ran ~ 720 pounds through the RT-700 to date. I love that I can use the alarm feature on the app for overnight cooks that run 15 to 17 hours total for butts cooked at 225°. I sleep like a baby as the app will wake me up if the temp sways more than 15° in either direction. I usually don't get woken up unless pellets run short. The app also monitors both meat probes so I can set alarms on those independently as well.

Yes, I would buy another RT-700 no question, but still have three more years of warranty on mine. It's a good smoker and heavier than I thought it would be.

Last edited:
I've had mine for almost a year now, absolutely love it. I recommended it to some of my buddies, two of them bought one, a 590 and a 340 and they use them almost daily. We can't say enough good things about these smokers. I personally think you will be very happy!

Been thinking about pulling the trigger for a while, but after reading the forum and some complaints/issues I have my doubts. I understand customer service is best in the business, but would rather never need it. So my question- why did you choose RecTec and if you had to do it over would you?
I owned the area Tec mini (380) for 5 years. I was comfortable with any repairs and had great support. In short I loved the machine.
I have since sold it and am on the 2nd year with the bull, no issues at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back