Bull New Bull PSA - Make sure fan is spinning

SmokeMeister

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just a little PSA in case this happens to anyone else. Make sure the fan is spinning.

Got everything assembled and started up the Bull to do the burn-in. Started smoking, waited about 15-20 minutes, but it never started up. I thought maybe I put too many pellets in the burn pot to start, so I shut it down and scooped a lot of them out. Tried again and it did the same thing only this time the GFI tripped. Reset it and it did the same thing again. The whole time, I didn't hear the fan running, so I thought maybe it didn't turn on until it got going. I decided to take a look at it and I just spun it manually, it made a little noise and it took off! So something was preventing it from turning. It's worked fine ever since.

Just a little PSA in case this happens to anyone else. Make sure the fan is spinning.

Got everything assembled and started up the Bull to do the burn-in. Started smoking, waited about 15-20 minutes, but it never started up. I thought maybe I put too many pellets in the burn pot to start, so I shut it down and scooped a lot of them out. Tried again and it did the same thing only this time the GFI tripped. Reset it and it did the same thing again. The whole time, I didn't hear the fan running, so I thought maybe it didn't turn on until it got going. I decided to take a look at it and I just spun it manually, it made a little noise and it took off! So something was preventing it from turning. It's worked fine ever since.
Thanks for sharing this.

I have heard that about the new Bullseye beta, but this is the first I've heard it with the Bull. I wonder if they changed suppliers.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pay attention to that. I'll give it a spin before using.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back