Windows App

Elias

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am a retired Computer geek. I have a great expertise and a fair dislike for small screens. Is RecTeq going to make a Windows app for us. How many people would like a windows app in addition? I have a Samsung S21 5g and an iPad with the app. Good functionality but a Windows app would make me happy
Has anyone heard any talk about this? Who wants a Windows App?

I am a retired Computer geek. I have a great expertise and a fair dislike for small screens. Is RecTeq going to make a Windows app for us. How many people would like a windows app in addition? I have a Samsung S21 5g and an iPad with the app. Good functionality but a Windows app would make me happy
iPad is my goto choice at home, iPhone when not home. I also use the Thermoworks app at the same time and they support the same devices RecTeq does which make it very convenient . I would not drag out my laptop to use the RecTeq app. RecTeq is challenged with the app on the platforms they currently support, I do not think they would even consider a Windows port.

I've installed Bluestacks on my windows box. It is a phone emulator and you can run any android app from your desktop. You can access the Google Play store from within bluestacks to install apps. Not perfect, but functionality is the same. Interface looks just like the phone app because it is the phone app. I can be logged in thru my phone or pc on the same account. Nice.

I've installed Bluestacks on my windows box. It is a phone emulator and you can run any android app from your desktop. You can access the Google Play store from within bluestacks to install apps. Not perfect, but functionality is the same. Interface looks just like the phone app because it is the phone app.
YES... great idea. I will do the same. Thank You!!

I am using Bluestacks on my Alienware Laptop and it works fine. My daughter had to set it up on her phone, but once set up it works on my Laptop.

I was running a custom dashboard in Home Assistant until the upgraded the Tuya firmware on the grill. The new firmware significantly changed the key system. Now I am stuck with the app, and it stinks! This summer I may see if I can swap custom firmware to get functionality back. If nothing else an added ESP8266 with different firmware.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back