Any way to skip leaderboard signup in app?

TinRobotBoy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So, the app just updated and now it won't let me continue without putting my first and last name in to join the leaderboard. I have zero interest in joining the leaderboard. Is there any way to skip this step?

So, the app just updated and now it won't let me continue without putting my first and last name in to join the leaderboard. I have zero interest in joining the leaderboard. Is there any way to skip this step?
Yeah that won’t cut it for me but guess you could use a bogus name. I have a few ideas😁

Yeah, I was figuring that's the road (fake name) that I'd have to go down. Just infuriating that there isn't a skip button to opt out. These guys are really tone deaf when it comes to their customer base re: these sorts of social media (data farming) things.

Recteq is big corporate now......
Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

I don't even use their app anymore. It is so inconsistent in terms of connectivity, I just use my Meater probes and all is fine.
I’m still on the fence of buy it now for Meater probes. They seem really good. I want them for rotisserie cooks (wireless).

It may not be popular with the faithful but if we keep picking the most profane name we can think of we can “break that dog from sucking eggs”, lol. Foreign names are even better as they will need to be translated. You didn’t get that tip from me.

I can feel a Simpsons episode coming. Remember when Bart would call the bar asking for fake people? Time to register Seymour Butz on the leader board.
I was thinking of Richard Fitz… or Phil McK… but that is me. Warped like Warped R me.

I would start with names like RTisanal, RTNot4Me or RTFooledMe, and let it graduate from there to names like MyButtsHurt, Adler Titsoff, Amandalicks, Ben N. Snyder and it just gets worse from there.

Last edited:
I bet they will offer an opt out feature for a "few" $'s... does anyone know what happened to the "collector's box" that was sold for many money not too long ago? I haven't seen anyone boast about the cheap trinkets they received.

Yes, I have no interest in the leaderboard mess either. I don't see any way to opted out of this. It's the only thing that works in the app for me. The app always crashes since the update when trying to open the grill part. No problems for almost six years until this last update. Sorry to vent...

If you’d like to, you can edit your leaderboard name in the app under the gear then leaderboard settings.

Yes. Dump the app and use the Smart Life app. You will also regain use of your remote grill start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back