RT-1250 wifi connection dropped

grasshoppa12

I've had my 1250 for a few months now. It was a royal PITA to get connected the first time due to our Orbi 5g wifi system with new iPhones etc. Anyway, I finally got it connected and it has worked perfectly for the ~ 8-10 cooks we've done. It's been a few weeks since we used it, but today the app was disconnected and couldn't recognize the wifi. I tried the following and it still doesn't work:

reboot wifi network
delete Recteq app from both iPhones and reinstall
remove antennae from grill and reinstall to insure it was tight
brought an Orbi wifi satellite within feet of the grill

Thoughts on what to try next other than calling Recteq support? Thanks!

It is my understanding that the Recteq app does not work well—or, at all—with 5 GHz connections. I have had to connect via a 2.4 GHz network in order to make the app work. I’m no computer expert, but that’s been my experience.

It is a royal PITA to get it set up initially, but after that it should work....and it did for 3 1/2 months, but now it's not connected....so frustrating.

I'm surprised to hear this as I also got the 1250 about the same time, use Orbi WiFi mesh and have one of the Orbi extenders about 10 - 15 feet away from my grill. Mine was immediately connected and has stayed perfect since day 1. Sorry that it didn't work out for you the same. It almost sounds like you might have a bad radio in your controller.

After spending a few hours on this last night I finally gave up and went to bed. This morning I decided to try again without changing anything and it recognized the smoker and fired right up. Hopefully this was a fluke, but I'll keep an eye on it. Looking forward to smoking something to bring in the New Year. HNY everyone!

Must be something in your NW or the unit? I thought the 1250 was having both capabilities for 2.4ghz & 5ghz? Should not be dropping if so.

I have never had 1 issue since I got my Bull connected over a year now.

or something on the Recteq side....I saw something on this forum that if too many people are on the Recteq servers, then it will be offline. Who knows....glad it's up and running now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back