Whomp Sauce

RattleR

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone use Whomp sauce and if so what is the flavor profile? What do you use it on and would you recommend it?

Another question, large party wings, saw a YouTube and I don’t think I have seen wings that large. Maybe something Sams or Costco carry?

I second SmokeOCD’s comment. I was at a RD on Friday and they had them by the box load. I didn’t take a picture of the chicken but if you haven’t been to a RD, this is 1/10th of their meat section. The only place I have been that comes close is a Costco Business Center. The Thrifty ice crean is a bonus. lol.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

I second SmokeOCD’s comment. I was at a RD on Friday and they had them by the box load. I didn’t take a picture of the chicken but if you haven’t been to a RD, this is 1/10th of their meat section. The only place I have been that comes close is a Costco Business Center. The Thrifty ice crean is a bonus. lol.

View attachment 21208

View attachment 21209

View attachment 21210

View attachment 21211
Thanks for that tip. We have a RD but it’s almost across town. I’ve been there twice. I should go there when I have a big cook to do.
(Note: a “big cook” to me is nowhere close to your big cooks. I’ve seen the pictures you’ve posted. 😊)

Thanks for that tip. We have a RD but it’s almost across town. I’ve been there twice. I should go there when I have a big cook to do.
(Note: a “big cook” to me is nowhere close to your big cooks. I’ve seen the pictures you’ve posted. 😊)
TheRicker,

I agree you need to be motivated or have a large freezer to use RD effectively. One exception if you like seafood, RD is a good source for fresh and alive sea creatures (at least in my area).

Ouch, the closest RD is ~100 miles away however I do make trips there so I will put them on my last stop for shopping list on my next trip. Last stop to keep everything from sitting in the vehicle for an extended time.

Thanks for the tip.

Anyone use Whomp sauce and if so what is the flavor profile? What do you use it on and would you recommend it?

Another question, large party wings, saw a YouTube and I don’t think I have seen wings that large. Maybe something Sams or Costco carry?
I like Whomp sauce and use it on ribs. I mix 2/3 Whomp and 1/3 apple cherry habanero sauce . That is the Bomb!

Apple cherry habanero sauce, never seen that but sounds interesting. Thanks.

Have never used Whomp sauce, but Wild Fork wings have never disappointed me. Monster size, excellent quality, and I’ve bought a lot of them. I grill them intact so we don’t fight over flats/drums and the flippers are meaty enough to chew on as well. Overall, WF wings alone are worth the annual fee for me to be a member.

Any users of Whomp Sauce?
I have tried the spicy and the regular and I’m not a fan. It taste like if you just mixed ketchup and mustard together and then thinned it out with somthing else. My wife’s boss loves it so she bought some for me and I have struggled to find something I like it with.

TheRicker,

I agree you need to be motivated or have a large freezer to use RD effectively. One exception if you like seafood, RD is a good source for fresh and alive sea creatures (at least in my area).
Don't you have to be a member to go to one of these stores?

I’ve been to the one here in Charleston 2-3 times…first time just to wander around. Bought a box of #10 snow crab legs the other times.

I think you need some kind of card/membership to buy at wholesale. But not retail. At least that’s been my experience.

At one time the membership was mandatory and you have to provide proof of a business license. However, since Covid, in my area they will give you a one day temporary pass to shop. This pass limits you to non-alcohol purchases and you must have your own method of payment (e.g., cash, MasterCard, Visa, and similar). Don’t quote me on this but I think they were trying to keep product moving when restaurants were closed in California. Your region may be different. If you go to their website, you can see what they call specials at:
https://www.restaurantdepot.com/

This pass limits you to non-alcohol purchase…
Interesting the differences in how some states deal with things like this. In Kentucky, grocery stores are required to have separate storefronts for selling hard liquors and one does not need a membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.) to enter/purchase. Of corse they sell beer, wine, etc. in the same party stores,

Interesting the differences in how some states deal with things like this. In Kentucky, grocery stores are required to have separate storefronts for selling hard liquors and one does not need a membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.) to enter/purchase. Of corse they sell beer, wine, etc. in the same party stores,
Greg Jones,
You are correct. I was in Alabama in December and they had the divided store concept. I couldn’t believe the hoops the merchants have to navigate. I was laughing that I was on one side for the Vodka and the other side for the orange juice. In California, we just go to any grocery store and buy what we want. In NC we had to buy from the ABC stores that are state controlled and the Blue Laws restricted sales on Sunday but they still have a number of “dry” counties that require you to go to the next town to purchase. It seems way to complicated for my taste but if that’s what the voters in those places want, I understand.

Our county here in Kentucky was ‘moist’ until last year, where alcohol sales of any kind were limited to only the one city that had approved sales. Voters last year approved sales county-wide, so that’s not an issue anymore. There are still restrictions on when stores can begin selling on a Sunday, but otherwise mostly all restrictions have been relaxed/lifted.

For those that may not know, ABC in the south stands for Alcoholic Beverage Control, which is the (depending on the state) the agency that oversees these things. For example, it’s common in South Carolina for liquor stores to advertise that they are ABC Stores.

Our county here in Kentucky was ‘moist’ until last year, where alcohol sales of any kind were limited to only the one city that had approved sales. Voters last year approved sales county-wide, so that’s not an issue anymore. There are still restrictions on when stores can begin selling on a Sunday, but otherwise mostly all restrictions have been relaxed/lifted.

For those that may not know, ABC in the south stands for Alcoholic Beverage Control, which is the (depending on the state) the agency that oversees these things. For example, it’s common in South Carolina for liquor stores to advertise that they are ABC Stores.
I was taught as a young man ABC store was The All Brothern Church store by a an older man I worked with. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We have them as well

I have tried the spicy and the regular and I’m not a fan. It taste like if you just mixed ketchup and mustard together and then thinned it out with somthing else. My wife’s boss loves it so she bought some for me and I have struggled to find something I like it with.
Thanks @El Jefe, that gave me just what I needed not to waste my time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back