Bull Whole chicken on the Bull

Fillup

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I cooked two hole chicken on my bran new bull the white meat was over 170F the dark meat well over the 175F the Chicken was under cooked in my opinion do the probes need cailabration ?

What's your measure for underdone as you perceive it? Rubbery texture or pinkish color of meat near the bone?

Okay, you probably should hit up tech support at RT for calibration instructions and get your foot in the door in case replacement of some component or other is the eventual solution.

Okay, you probably should hit up tech support at RT for calibration instructions and get your foot in the door in case replacement of some component or other is the eventual solution.
Thank you.

Fillup, what temp did you cook at? I've made a Turkey and chickens, and I have good luck at 325. However, you won't get any amount of smoke at this temperature. I use the Amazing smoke tube to get the smoke, and it works good..

Chris

Spatchcock at 350F for 1hour 50 min the white meat was over 170F the dark meat well over the 175F. Adam called me today from Rec Tec and told me how to calibrate the probs and if i still have a problem to call him back. REC TEC GREAT servive

Get an instant read thermometer and use this as a check. I generally pull a whole chicken around 165ish and let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting up. I bought a decent quality instant read thermometer on Amazon for about $15.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back