Poultry Whole Young Chicken (Costco)

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I used @ DenStinnett's recipe as a guide. Today did a 1.5lb bird, emptied cavity and put half stick of Challenge Salted butter and half a Sweet yellow onion in cavity. Patted dry, I went with olive oil and rubbed it down like it was the hot chick at the pool. Base layer of Kinders The Blend (S,P,G), light coating of Honey Hog from Meatchurch. Went 215 for 30 mins to start and get a good smoke, then to 225 for 3 hours. Cranked up to 275 until breast read 164. Shut down smoker and let it crest the 165 mark. Wrapped in foil, rested it for 20-25. Came out better than any chicken I've ever made. First whole bird on the new Bull.

Attachments

• 1D8947CC-B7DC-4783-AD82-2F4534C07423.jpeg
    1D8947CC-B7DC-4783-AD82-2F4534C07423.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 323
I used @ DenStinnett's recipe as a guide. Today did a 1.5lb bird, emptied cavity and put half stick of Challenge Salted butter and half a Sweet yellow onion in cavity. Patted dry, I went with olive oil and rubbed it down like it was the hot chick at the pool. Base layer of Kinders The Blend (S,P,G), light coating of Honey Hog from Meatchurch. Went 215 for 30 mins to start and get a good smoke, then to 225 for 3 hours. Cranked up to 275 until breast read 164. Shut down smoker and let it crest the 165 mark. Wrapped in foil, rested it for 20-25. Came out better than any chicken I've ever made. First whole bird on the new Bull.
Looks awesome. How was the skin?

Man that is a pretty bird! Im hoping to do a whole bird here soon! Got a beer can chicken rack on prime day and am itching to use it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back