What’s everyone smoking for Christmas

Nikeguy53

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Going to smoke a Turkey and some prime Ribs for Christmas. And may try a steak on Sunday if it don’t rain up here in VA. What should the temp be if l cook a steak on the RT-590???

Prime rib here, but I just got the roast yesterday and it's a little on the small side so I might throw some dinosaur beef ribs on as well.

Prime rib but I’ve never done one before so I’m a little nervous.
Toss out any questions, if you need suggestions from the peanut gallery.

I found prime rib easier than brisket. It can just be daunting, when the prime rib is so pricey. If you are doing a full 7 bone, someone in another thread suggested having it cut in half (3 and 4 bone sections). That will shorten the time a bit and make it easier to hit the desired level of doneness. You also double the highly valuable end pieces.

15 LB Wild Fork Prime packer last weekend and froze. Today 2 Wild Fork tri tips. Will freeze as well. Taking to Colorado on Tuesday. Will reheat sous vide and slice there. Fist Wild Fork meat. It looks good, now to see how it holds up to the freezing and reheating.

Spatchcocked Turkey, and a definite possibility of some dino-ribs. (i.e. beef plate ribs; 4 bone 'un-cut' spare ribs; brisket on a stick; etc. I never know what to call them, because it seems they are called so many things!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back