Trailblazer Welding Blanket

Buckeye1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
Has anyone bought a welding blanket to cover 340 on cool days? If so what type of material (if it matters)? What size? Do you double it up?

Has anyone bought a welding blanket to cover 340 on cool days? If so what type of material (if it matters)? What size? Do you double it up?
I have used a welding blanket from harbor freight on my Rec Tec RT-700 several times. It works great and certainly helps to get the pellet grill up to temp very quickly and easily maintain it's temp.

I don't double it up, but I would highly recommend cutting the blanket to allow your horns to poke through. Otherwise your horn handles will get very hot.

Do you have that $20 yellow one? I think it's fiberglass?

@Buckeye1 mine isn't yellow, but more of a tan color. Looking on their site now and it seems they have changed since I've bought mine.

I have used a welding blanket from harbor freight on my Rec Tec RT-700 several times. It works great and certainly helps to get the pellet grill up to temp very quickly and easily maintain it's temp.

I don't double it up, but I would highly recommend cutting the blanket to allow your horns to poke through. Otherwise your horn handles will get very hot.

Thanks.

My 340 actually showed up a day early and it's not gonna get above 35 next 2 days. Hopefully I can get to Harbor Freight today before they shut close.

As far as cutting out horn-holes, I just tucked my blanket between the horns and had no issue. And yes, the handles get hot if left covered.

Not on a trailblazer, but on a stampede. I purchased a black one off of amazon. Not fiberglass, more like felt. Cut to size and then used high temp magnets to hold. It made a huge difference, and I was able to cook all winter long, no matter how cold or how much wind. I live in northern Indiana.
3DDF443E-7B4F-471F-9D3C-1B6240230A65.jpeg

That looks awesome. Almost like it was made for the grill. Do you happen to know what brand or how thick that blanket is?
It's hard to tell from the photo but did you do the sides also?
Do you keep it on year round or do you take it off in warmer temps?

I made a custom blanket from a carbon fiber welding mat. Pictures and discussion on this thread. It works pretty well and lets me do pizza at zero degrees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back