Stampede Grill Blanket

Dano

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Here is a grill blanket I had made for my 590. It cost $144 with tax. I had a place that makes boat covers make it for me. The material they used is also used on mufflers. Had it about a month it retains heat very well. Being from Minnesota this is a must have accessory.

Attachments

• A6EB8B46-F60E-4727-AF75-1844EC1C2FB5.jpeg
    A6EB8B46-F60E-4727-AF75-1844EC1C2FB5.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 254
  • 5ECAB8B5-E2FE-4AB1-8FCE-FDBB100BAC0C.jpeg
    5ECAB8B5-E2FE-4AB1-8FCE-FDBB100BAC0C.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 161
Can you share the place that made it for you? Id love to order one for mine!

Nice, though I think some of the all weather vents may keep a lot of the smoke from staining/saturating the openings. What material is it made from?

I used a $23.00 welding blanket and cut to size. Taped the cut ends keep from fraying. Will see how it works this winter.View attachment 7046
I bought and tried a welding blanket from Harbor Freight too. In my opinion the welding blanket will work but in Minnesota it does not compare with what I had made to retain the heat. For those of you who want to try that be aware the welding blanket material is fiberglass. So if you try to cut it or sew it little pieces will possibly become an issue. I’d advise you to not try sewing it with a sewing machine like I did. It did not end well.

I used a $23.00 welding blanket and cut to size. Taped the cut ends keep from fraying. Will see how it works this winter.View attachment 7046
What did you do for the vent holes in the back? I have the weather vents and assume I’d need to cut appropriate holes but taping around the holes seems problematic. Do they make a heat resistant tape? Thx.

I just use magnets to hold down bottom to keep from blowing in the wind. Have to remove front 2 to open is all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back