Weekend Smoke

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm going to be loading up the 700 this weekend. One whole brisket, two pork butts, and a slab of pork belly. Two birthdays and an anniversary feast. I thinking of doing one of the pork butts with a spicy TexMex for tacos. I'm thinking a hot sauce as the binder and some Loco Gringo and other Mexican spices. The second pork butt will be a little more traditional, injected with pineapple juice and coated with mustard, molasses, and a slightly sweeter rub. Pork belly will be cubed and turned into sweet and spicy pork belly burnt ends. And the brisket will be traditional SPG and a little Lawry's.

Anyone else doing a big cook for Easter weekend? Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
Going to throw a couple of pork butts on the Bull this evening. A different rub going on each - one a homemade rub that I found on this site somewhere along the line and the other is a coffee rub. Going to make a mole-inspired bbq sauce that I think will pair well with the coffee rub. Leftovers should make for some killer pulled pork nachos, etc. Planning on a low and slow cook so hoping they’ll be at temp around noon tomorrow, then a rest in a cooler for a couple hours before serving. Fingers crossed it all goes well….

Pastrami just went on.

IMG_0019.jpeg

I'm going to be loading up the 700 this weekend. One whole brisket, two pork butts, and a slab of pork belly. Two birthdays and an anniversary feast. I thinking of doing one of the pork butts with a spicy TexMex for tacos. I'm thinking a hot sauce as the binder and some Loco Gringo and other Mexican spices. The second pork butt will be a little more traditional, injected with pineapple juice and coated with mustard, molasses, and a slightly sweeter rub. Pork belly will be cubed and turned into sweet and spicy pork belly burnt ends. And the brisket will be traditional SPG and a little Lawry's.

Anyone else doing a big cook for Easter weekend? Happy Easter everyone!
I'm gonna need an address for this cook. That is quite as mess and a math nightmare to figure out. Good luck. I'll be curious to hear the results

I'm gonna need an address for this cook. That is quite as mess and a math nightmare to figure out. Good luck. I'll be curious to hear the results
I’m about an hour west of St. Louis. Bringing it to my parents’ house for Easter. They have a big construction project going on in the backyard so I volunteered to do the cooking (like I needed an excuse to fire up the Bull). Plus pulled pork is something they like but wouldn’t make on their own. A few of my brother’s kids are picky eaters, but I’m hoping this goes over well for everyone. I’ll post some more pics once I get the meat on the Bull in a couple of hours, but here are the butts after I got the rubs on them this morning.

7B0AC696-C5BE-4336-A009-1F989C5339BB.jpeg

I’m about an hour west of St. Louis. Bringing it to my parents’ house for Easter. They have a big construction project going on in the backyard so I volunteered to do the cooking (like I needed an excuse to fire up the Bull). Plus pulled pork is something they like but wouldn’t make on their own. A few of my brother’s kids are picky eaters, but I’m hoping this goes over well for everyone. I’ll post some more pics once I get the meat on the Bull in a couple of hours, but here are the butts after I got the rubs on them this morning.

View attachment 18941
Looks like well rubbed butts to me 😲

Our weekend cook may be on hold due to the early arrival at 4:23 AM today of our first great granddaughter. She wasn’t due to arrive until late next week; so much for baby arrival date predictions.

We’ll see if enough family will still be up to coming over for Easter dinner tomorrow or not. Our new great granddaughter and her mother are both doing well, but won’t be released from the hospital until Monday. Our daughter and son-in-law may be a bit exhausted after spending most of the night at the hospital awaiting Miss Evelyn Marie’s arrival at the hospital. :unsure:

We’ll stay flexible!

We’ll see if enough family will still be up to coming over for Easter dinner tomorrow or not. Our new great granddaughter and her mother are both doing well, but won’t be released from the hospital until Monday. Our daughter and son-in-law may be a bit exhausted after spending most of the night at the hospital awaiting Miss Evelyn Marie’s arrival at the hospital. :unsure:

We’ll stay flexible.
Congratulations on the new addition to the family!! Happy to hear that everyone is doing well! Sounds like the Easter Bunny came a day early!! 😀

Our weekend cook may be on hold due to the early arrival at 4:23 AM today of our first great granddaughter. She wasn’t due to arrive until late next week; so much for baby arrival date predictions.

We’ll stay flexible!
Congratulations!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back