Stampede Webber pellets

RichardA

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just had a rt590 delivered today. I bought a bag of Webber pellets while I was at Lowes to use for my burn in. Twice today after shut down, the pellets continued to burn with a red glow and lots of smoke. Has anybody had this trouble with Webber pellets in a rt590?

I have a rt700 at home and use the pellets from Sam's Club and never had this problem.

I took the Webber pellets out of the rt590, and I am wondering if I should call them a loss?

Rich

What temperature were you cooking at before this happened? I haven't used Weber pellets myself but the conventional wisdom is to run the grill at lowest temp and let it cool off before shutting down after high temperature cooks.

What temperature were you cooking at before this happened? I haven't used Weber pellets myself but the conventional wisdom is to run the grill at lowest temp and let it cool off before shutting down after high temperature cooks.
I've used Weber pellets without issue. Maybe just luck???

1st time was after the 400 degree burn in. The second time was after cooking bacon at 350 degrees.

Will but the grill on extreme smoke for a while tonight to let it cool down before shut down. I have never done this on my rt700, but at this point I don't trust the pellets. I am also wondering about the rt590.

I've seen something similar after a cook at 350-400 on my RT-700 (don't remember which brand of pellets). Fuel already in the burn pot continued to smoke & smolder after the fan shut off. So I turned it back on, hoping the fan would keep it from burning up the auger tube. Since then, my approach is to always run on LO and let it get around/under 250 before shutting down.

Thanks for the help. I think setting it on low and letting cool down will be the answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back