RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
I did a low temp cook followed by a reverse sear.
One Tri tip heavily seasoned with Weber Chicago Steak spice.
On the 590 LO setting (175-180) for approximately 2 hours to an internal of 115 degrees, Then onto a reverse sear of 450 degrees on the Weber gasser for 10 minutes (internal 135).
Note: some slices were cut with the grain but actually quite tender.

Really nice weekday dinner!

21E370E8-1708-4C89-BACE-95ED64E45531.jpeg

A53812C0-492A-4EB1-8FB1-3E1D2D164DEA.jpeg

Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts of beef. I love a great brisket, but tri-tip has a special place in my belly.

Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts of beef. I love a great brisket, but tri-tip has a special place in my belly.
I love Tri-tip also. Not about Tri-tip but brisket, for dinner last night I fixed leftover brisket for my wife and I made fresh shrimp for myself. I’ll probably have to forfeit my BBQ card for saying this, but I just don’t care that much for the heavy flavor of brisket of brisket anymore.

I can relate to that. Tri tip has a nice sirloin flavor and not overboard on fat as brisket.

I love Tri-tip also. Not about Tri-tip but brisket, for dinner last night I fixed leftover brisket for my wife and I made fresh shrimp for myself. I’ll probably have to forfeit my BBQ card for saying this, but I just don’t care that much for the heavy flavor of brisket of brisket anymore.
Naw, @Greg Jones, you can keep your BBQ card. And, even though I still like brisket, we can still be friends since I also like shrimp salad. 🤣

I’m doing a brisket-style chuck roast for dinner. Originally, I was going to do a tri-tip as I thought I had one in the freezer, but I was wrrrrrrr…, uhhhh, I was wrrrrr. I was mistaken. :rolleyes:

Glad we can get back to talking about actually cooking on the forum. Seems like the last few days have been more about turning on the grill remotely…or, not. ;)

I’m doing a brisket-style chuck roast for dinner. Originally, I was going to do a tri-tip as I thought I had one in the freezer, but I was wrrrrrrr…, uhhhh, I was wrrrrr. I was mistaken. :rolleyes:

You were just thinking about the future. No mistake there. 😉

I did a low temp cook followed by a reverse sear.
One Tri tip heavily seasoned with Weber Chicago Steak spice.
On the 590 LO setting (175-180) for approximately 2 hours to an internal of 115 degrees, Then onto a reverse sear of 450 degrees on the Weber gasser for 10 minutes (internal 135).
Note: some slices were cut with the grain but actually quite tender.

Really nice weekday dinner!

View attachment 21371

View attachment 21372
Recently did the same but with a classic Santa Maria rub. Quick winner for any night!

Great looking cook! Tri tip has become my favorite cut of beef by far. I use similar method, just crank up the bullseye for the sear vs the Weber.
I suggest trying the Traeger coffee rub on a Tri tip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back