Bull Too much smoke

rherteux

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys, I have an RT680 that I upgraded with the wifi controller earlier this year. It has been great but I've noticed that when I'm smoking in the 225 to 230 range it smokes a lot, like constantly. Prior to the upgrade I'm pretty sure it smoked and then the smoke stopped, then smoked and stopped in cycles. Now it seems like it smokes all the time now, the smoke never stops. Some times the smoke is heavier than other times. It feels like this is what "extreme smoke" would be like except I thought that was only when the temp was set to LO. Am I imagining things or has there been a change?

Hey guys, I have an RT680 that I upgraded with the wifi controller earlier this year. It has been great but I've noticed that when I'm smoking in the 225 to 230 range it smokes a lot, like constantly. Prior to the upgrade I'm pretty sure it smoked and then the smoke stopped, then smoked and stopped in cycles. Now it seems like it smokes all the time now, the smoke never stops. Some times the smoke is heavier than other times. It feels like this is what "extreme smoke" would be like except I thought that was only when the temp was set to LO. Am I imagining things or has there been a change?
Try different pellets. Some burn very clean.

Good idea, I'll try that. Got some Cabella's pellets from my neighbor that I don't normally use so maybe that had something to do with it.

Species of pellets are probably the key. There's a lot of people wishing they had more smoke so remember these ones for the future if you're ever in that position.

They were Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops bourbon brown sugar bbq pellets in case anyone is interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back