Today the Bull held temp like a champ in a cold rain all day

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Pork butt separated into sliced for sandwiches and shredded into my most popular soup amongst family and friends. Pork and cannellini beans with green chilis, poblanos, onions, jalapeño, and chicken broth. Cast iron skillet potatoes drizzled with what I call "crack Mexican cheese", available at any authentic Mexican restaurant in the Midwest and south.

62A57D10-7EC4-4EF3-A9AC-6D51EA0DAF21.jpeg
36689105-CE8B-4D8B-B49A-D4250B247B36.jpeg
6F44265E-6C5E-48C9-A263-79896DF9BFD9.jpeg

Looks great
Our Bull hasn't given us much in the way of trouble
Other than we can't seem to get the WiFi to stay connected, or (sometimes) even connect at all

Sounds like a good soup and sandwich combination. I’ll take a sandwich on whole wheat and a bowl of soup to go! ;)

Looks great
Our Bull hasn't given us much in the way of trouble
Other than we can't seem to get the WiFi to stay connected, or (sometimes) even connect at all
Dean, I know you're a seasoned pro so you've probably tried this but when I first got mine, I had to get on the app for my internet/router and create a separate wifi that was 2.4 GHz. Mine would not connect initially and so I did that and it has never failed since. If you've done that then I would have Rectec send you a new control box.

If you are driving distance to Louisville, KY, you can stop on by tomorrow!
A gracious offer, but I don’t think I could drive fast enough to get from the northwest corner of Washington state to Louisville by tomorrow. :ROFLMAO: Your food looked good enough, however, to make me think seriously about giving it a try. Maybe next time. ;)

Today the Bull held temp like a champ in a cold rain all day​

Ain't it great? Set and forget

I smoked a salmon filet today at 200F. It was solid all the 2 1/2 hours.

Dean, I know you're a seasoned pro ( :ROFLMAO: not even close, but thanks for that) so you've probably tried this but when I first got mine, I had to get on the app for my internet/router and create a separate wifi that was 2.4 GHz. Mine would not connect initially and so I did that and it has never failed since. If you've done that then I would have Rectec send you a new control box.
Thanks Dwight, we'll have to try that
We bought a WiFi booster to try too
Just need to do it
Still use to my Stick Burner and have no issue watching the Bull from time to time
It IS nice that I don't have to sit out in the Snow (or heat) for hours watching the Pit on an extended Cook

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back