The Rec Tec BIG announcement, new grills!

Mike

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Not sure why but there is no big announcement mentioned anywhere on the RecTec blog and really the only place they mentioned it was on their facebook page. So if you don't facebook or missed the announcement, then this thread is for you!

Rec Tec announced four new grills. Three of which are pellet grills and the fourth being a direct flame grill. Two of the four are also made in the USA!

RecTec BFG RT-2500 Pellet Grill

First up is the one most people are talking about and that's the Rec Tec BFG "Big Fun Grill" pellet grill. ;)

Big is certainly the best way to describe the Rec Tec BFG pellet grill featuring 2,535 square inches of total cooking area over 3 racks and 6 5/16" grill grates. With middle and top racks both being easily removable.

The heat up the Rec Tec BFG it uses the same 304 stainless steel fire pot that's found in other RecTec grills, such as the Rec Tec Bull. Speaking of the fire pot, in order to keep the fire pot burning RecTec has added a 53 pound pellet hopper to the back of the BFG grill.

Other notable features are the dual hydraulic assist system to help raise and lower the lid as well as a pre-installed comp cart with 4x 6" locking wheel casters. So no more having to worry about doing the wheel mod on the Rec Tec BFG.

To get all the details about the BFG Grill click here.

RecTec BFG overview

RecTec Beast and Chuckwagon Pellet Grills

Starting with the Rec Tec Chuckwagon, this grill has been designed for those that compete without a doubt. The Chuckwagon grill features a massive 2,400 square inches of total cooking area over 2 racks and 7-gauge grill grates. The RecTec Chuckwagon comes already installed on it's own trailer!

The Chuckwagon uses DUAL tried and tested 304 stainless steel fire pots, dual 304 stainless drip pans and even dual 66 pound hoppers!

If all of this wasn't enough, Rec Tec also offers the Chuckwagon in a combo package that includes two additional Rec Tec Bull's also mounted on the trailer. So then you can cook ALL the things. ?

Rec Tec Chuckwagon overview

The Rec Tec Beast on the other hand is the same grill as the already mentioned Chuckwagon, but removed from it's trailer mount and instead mounted to it's own cart with 4x 6" heavy duty casters.

Rec Tec Beast overview

RecTec WyldSide RT-A850 Argentina Style Grill

Last but not least is the Rec Tec WyldSide RT-A850 direct flame grill.

The Rec Tec Wyldside grill features a 304 stainless steel cooking chamber as well as a handy warmer box under the cooking chamber. The included variable speed blower fan allow you to easily adjust the strength of your fire.

For more info on the Wyldside grill click here.

Rec Tec Wyldside grill overview

And finally, all four the the new grills above include a 6 year warranty! (y)

So what are your thoughts? Does any of the new Rec Tec grills spark your interest?

Well Mike, you're a man ahead of the times. Like me you probably just received the blast email from RT about their blog entry announcing the new products...…….obviously you embarrassed them.;)

Ha! I just wish they were a little quicker on getting info out other than facebook for us customers and future customers that don't do the facebook thing.

At the end of the day as long as they keep making awesome grills than I'm okay with that. I'll keep an eye on their site and post it here as I see it. :D

So what are your thoughts? Does any of the new Rec Tec grills spark your interest?

Yes... all of them. However none of them interest my wallet :D
If I had a food truck or did catering or competitions, yeah maybe. My 'little' 680 has plenty of space (with the shelf) for what I do. The wyldeside is neat, but for the once or twice a year I might fire it up, it's just be taking up space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back