SRF Sitewide Sale

That cost me $160! Thanks 🤣

I need to find me a replacement for Wild Fork. The past 6 months the quality has not been premium like what I was used to. I opened a package of two pork chops that arrived earlier this week, and they look like they came from a supermarket bulk pack…under the good looking chops on top.

I beat ya lol but I saved $50 on Dinos and a brisket. Definitely worth it.

The past 6 months the quality has not been premium like what I was used to.
I agree. Some cuts are great but I’ve had issues with a few cuts not being any better than our supermarket which does not have a good meat counter. I’ve let them know and they seem genuinely concerned but we’ll see if anything changes.
I’m sticking with them for now but will go a little out of my way to a semi local butcher if it doesn’t get better.

I agree. Some cuts are great but I’ve had issues with a few cuts not being any better than our supermarket which does not have a good meat counter. I’ve let them know and they seem genuinely concerned but we’ll see if anything changes.
I’m sticking with them for now but will go a little out of my way to a semi local butcher if it doesn’t get better.
I’m very fortunate to have 3-4 butcher’s to choose from within a 20 mile radius but their Briskets and plate ribs don’t come close to SRF quality. Everything else I usually get great quality local.

I’ve never used Wild Fork… yet lol I’m sure I’ll eventually find something there.

That cost me $160! Thanks 🤣

I need to find me a replacement for Wild Fork. The past 6 months the quality has not been premium like what I was used to. I opened a package of two pork chops that arrived earlier this week, and they look like they came from a supermarket bulk pack…under the good looking chops on top.
I'm guessing that is due to expansion and not being able to get enough quality meat to keep up with demand. They've opened up 6 stores in the DFW area alone in the last couple of years.

I’m very fortunate to have 3-4 butcher’s to choose from within a 20 mile radius but their Briskets and plate ribs don’t come close to SRF quality. Everything else I usually get great quality local.

I’ve never used Wild Fork… yet lol I’m sure I’ll eventually find something there.
I don't know of any butchers around me, though I would guess there would be some. The few places I do know that opened over the years didn't stay in business. I'm guessing because of such high prices. A lot of their stuff is usually double what you would pay at Costco or HEB. Even though this area is upper middle class, they don't seem to want to actually spend any money, at least not on something like that.

I'm guessing that is due to expansion and not being able to get enough quality meat to keep up with demand. They've opened up 6 stores in the DFW area alone in the last couple of years.
That could definitely be a challenge. We have a few new ones in the L.A. area. I do appreciate the one right around the corner but not so much the associated bills.

I agree.WF even sent me an email at the end of 2022 that they will not renew my membership in the future (past 2023) because they do not have physical stores in my state. Kinda sucks that we get sub-par quality until then. We (me) did pay a membership for the entire year.

That could definitely be a challenge. We have a few new ones in the L.A. area. I do appreciate the one right around the corner but not so much the associated bills.
I honestly don't buy much there. I like their steaks but most of my steak cooking is spur of the moment so I don't have time for them to thaw out. Now that we have an HEB, I just buy them there.

I honestly don't buy much there. I like their steaks but most of my steak cooking is spur of the moment so I don't have time for them to thaw out. Now that we have an HEB, I just buy them there.
I used to live in Texas and was stationed there. HEB definitely had quality back then. I have Ingles and Kroger here and it’s usually turrible.

I used to live in Texas and was stationed there. HEB definitely had quality back then. I have Ingles and Kroger here and it’s usually turrible.
We live in San Antonio, Navy guy stationed at Kelly AFB. Loved HEB and before we left, they built a super HEB that was unbelievable. Always great meats and the freshest seafood, fruits and vegetables. Largest grocery store I have ever been in. Nothing like it here in Connecticut.

We live in San Antonio, Navy guy stationed at Kelly AFB. Loved HEB and before we left, they built a super HEB that was unbelievable. Always great meats and the freshest seafood, fruits and vegetables. Largest grocery store I have ever been in. Nothing like it here in Connecticut.
They have built several of those over the last few years. They had one in Fredricksburg when we went last summer. No clue why they didn't build any in DFW. When the one opened in Frisco they had to have police there for the first 3 weeks or so to direct traffic. Other than having good meat I haven't found a good reason to go there on a regular basis. I had heard they had great meat sales but other than the first month or so when they first opened I haven't seen any great prices. They are definitely more expensive than Costco.

SRF owns the ranches and cattle, so they own the quality start to finish. I don't know about Wild Fork. I've bought from them a couple times and wanted to like them. But frankly, the quality at Sams and Costco is better. Costco recently started carrying Wagyu cuts at my store. The one time I bought ribeyes, they were great. But their regular prime and choice run pretty darn good too. For brisket packers, Sams prime seems to edge out Costco most of the time.

SRF owns the ranches and cattle, so they own the quality start to finish. I don't know about Wild Fork. I've bought from them a couple times and wanted to like them. But frankly, the quality at Sams and Costco is better. Costco recently started carrying Wagyu cuts at my store. The one time I bought ribeyes, they were great. But their regular prime and choice run pretty darn good too. For brisket packers, Sams prime seems to edge out Costco most of the time.
That is probably why they stay small, they can't keep up the supply if they expand. I've heard that has been Costco's issue since Covid. They sourced a lot of their beef from local/regional farms and I guess the farms are producing a lot less now and Costco has had shortages or had to switch to more national sources for their meat, which means quality has suffered.

I will say one thing in WF’s credit, they offer the about the best raw chicken wings I have ever cooked. I want the entire wing, so that the family and I don’t need to fight over the flats! I have a batch on the smoker that I received earlier this week from WF and they are (again) primo. They’ve moved to a smaller bag, but since they still charge by the pound, I’ve found this to be a plus. I’m a sucker for chicken wings, so it you’ve found better online source I can get ahold of, let me know.

I will say one thing in WF’s credit, they offer the about the best raw chicken wings I have ever cooked. I want the entire wing, so that the family and I don’t need to fight over the flats! I have a batch on the smoker that I received earlier this week from WF and they are (again) primo. They’ve moved to a smaller bag, but since they still charge by the pound, I’ve found this to be a plus. I’m a sucker for chicken wings, so it you’ve found better online source I can get ahold of, let me know.
Damn Greg you’re costing me $$$ now! I’ve never met a chicken wing I didn’t like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back