Looking to do SRF American Wagyu Brisket Gold. Anyone familiar?

JohnDS

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
About to purchase and American Wagyu Gold Brisket from SRF. Anyone ever done one of these?

Typical 225 and wrap in butcher paper at stall until done?

Do their briskets need trimming?

I've done a few for special occasions...given the price. Each time I've been very pleased with the results.

There is still some trimming to do, but not like buying a choice or prime from other sources.

I typically do these overnight so if I'm awake and alert for a bit, I'll start off at 180, but more often than not, it's 225 to the stall and wrap for the rest of the ride. I did not need to mess with tallow injections or any special tricks as these things are loaded with marbling that melts beautifully. I did try injecting the flat with beef broth a couple of times, but I'm not sure it really mattered.

I did cook one several months ago to feed all of my guys at work. A true BBQ snob even admitted it was in the "Top 3" briskets he'd ever eaten.

I've done a few for special occasions...given the price. Each time I've been very pleased with the results.

There is still some trimming to do, but not like buying a choice or prime from other sources.

I typically do these overnight so if I'm awake and alert for a bit, I'll start off at 180, but more often than not, it's 225 to the stall and wrap for the rest of the ride. I did not need to mess with tallow injections or any special tricks as these things are loaded with marbling that melts beautifully. I did try injecting the flat with beef broth a couple of times, but I'm not sure it really mattered.

I did cook one several months ago to feed all of my guys at work. A true BBQ snob even admitted it was in the "Top 3" briskets he'd ever eaten.
Thank you sir for the input. How many pound brisket and long did it take?

The last two I did were 14.8 and 16.4 pounds. They both took basically an hour a pound at 225 to get to around 203 internal temp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back