Stampede Spare Ribs 2nd attempt

Rectechie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
2nd time I have smoked spare ribs on the 590.
Applied Kosher Salt 2 hrs the Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust salt free rub.

225 for 4 hours. 250 for final stretch. Wrapped in Butcher Paper with smoked pork lard for 30 minutes the glazed with Bone Suckin Sauce.
A0119F70-8B77-4BA4-AEA2-7E984C7B15D9.jpeg
30DD4C4E-C3B5-4753-8DA5-E61724292B90.jpeg

Looks like good smoke and I like that sauce too. Were they tender? Can't see bone pull-back in the pix.

I did spares on Saturday, almost no pull back on those either, no idea why but they were at least as good as any I've made. Cooked to tender 5.5 hrs @ 240. Might have to do with the amount of fat in a given rack.

I did a rack of spares and a rack of BB yesterday, still did the 3-2-1, they were awesome. I really, really want to just cook naked, but afraid.....get it.....

I did spares on Saturday, almost no pull back on those either, no idea why but they were at least as good as any I've made. Cooked to tender 5.5 hrs @ 240. Might have to do with the amount of fat in a given rack.
Pull back is not a sign of doneness nor is temperature. In fact too much pull back is an indicator that the ribs are overcooked. Probe for tenderness using a toothpick or a meat probe. Amazingribs.com is a good site to check out the science of smoking ribs. Spritzing ribs is another myth. It does nothing to keep the ribs moist. It is the internal fat that keeps the ribs moist and adds flavor. You want bark to form on the ribs.

Last edited:
My stomach started growling looking at your pictures! Look fantastic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back