So Sad for Wild Fork Foods

I don’t grocery shop at Walmart, but the locals are complaining that there are no eggs in the two WM stores nearest to me. What happened in the supply chain now?

View attachment 20949
Well with all the shipping problems in the Red Sea due to the Houthis targeting the shipping industry our supply of pork from the middle east will be severely limited.

The Costco in my area (SoKal) had plenty of inventory yesterday but our prices reflect things like “free range chickens” and more room for livestock. Interestingly, they are experimenting with putting diapers on cows because they create/expel methane gasses. It is getting to the point that I can’t go outside and fart without getting a citation. Yet, the homeless population continues to grow and they seem exempt from any laws regarding sanitation, waste control or parking. I can just hope the Kalifornia infection doesn’t hit the rest of the states. Another potential issue is related to this event. I don’t know how expansive it is or which states are currently impacted:

“(KGO) -- The avian flu is hitting California hard. More than three million birds have been euthanized in the Golden State now. The first Sonoma County outbreaks were detected in Petaluma a month ago. At that time, 250,000 birds were put down.”

My local Chef’s Supply store was running low on St. Louis ribs yesterday so I bought the last full case they had. $2.99 per lb. So not too bad. Now I can wait out any supply chain problems until this California pork nonsense gets worked out.
I don’t have confidence Sacramento will get things sorted but the pork industry will figure out a compliant work around like the chicken industry did.

I vote for Ohio, it's a more free state than even KY is. :)
I used to live in Ohio. Born in Kentucky and got back here almost as soon as I could! I did attend OSU however, and got my Master’s degree from Franklin University in Columbus. Pretty proud of being a OSU Buckeye just the same. As long as it’s not about basketball…

I can just hope the Kalifornia infection doesn’t hit the rest of the states.
Rest assured, it has! The ”homeless” population is surging everywhere and it appears to me that much of it is driven by drugs, alcohol and mental illness. Our society just doesn’t seem to be willing to deal with the real issues and has invented a fantasy version of what is happening. Stepping down from the soapbox now. :rolleyes:

I’ll quickly double-down on my frustration and relinquish the podium…
Our Governor signed into law an initiative that allows people that illegally entered the country and end up in California to have free health care. I know senior citizens, retired military, and LEOs (Law Enforcement Officers) that have to pay for their health care. Should I just tell the hospital I’m illegal to receive free treatment to get some of my money back. It is anticipated that this will impact ~900,000 (known) individuals. I guess you can profit from the commission of a crime these days.

I’m done and going out to hug my smoker, lol.

I used to live in Ohio. Born in Kentucky and got back here almost as soon as I could! I did attend OSU however, and got my Master’s degree from Franklin University in Columbus. Pretty proud of being a OSU Buckeye just the same. As long as it’s not about basketball…

Oh I love me some Kentucky, went to Morehead State and met my wifey there as well. My Mama is a KY girl, have some deep roots down there on her side of family. :) Beautiful state to ride in, love me some bourbon and BBQ down there as well. And yeah......I'm a big blue nation roundball fan, have been my entire life.

We have free Smoking in Alabama. Some of the best cooks in the world cook here - I finished 6th place in M in M twice. Nobody is going to mess with the how, what, where with your cook here in Ala.. However, you will be embarrassed at least once a week by the dumbasses who govern our state.

We have free Smoking in Alabama. Some of the best cooks in the world cook here - I finished 6th place in M in M twice. Nobody is going to mess with the how, what, where with your cook here in Ala.. However, you will be embarrassed at least once a week by the dumbasses who govern our state.
I like the parts of Alabama I’ve visited. I was at Redstone Arsenal mid-December. Madison has really come a long way for good BBQ and there are more micro-breweries in Huntsville than ever before. Both have good value and great quantities.

However.......those imbeciles you speak of, are exactly the kind of usurpers who implement such things. Alabama isn't a state I have had a chance of exploring much on 2 wheels, hope to get back down that way again to fix that. :)

Off topic but slightly related

Anyone try WildForks chicken wings? I usually buy them from the grocery store unfrozen. Wanted to see if anyone has tried their frozen wings?

Off topic but slightly related

Anyone try WildForks chicken wings? I usually buy them from the grocery store unfrozen. Wanted to see if anyone has tried their frozen wings?
Yes, I like them a lot. Very large wings, with all the parts in one piece, which I prefer to cook them that way. They cook up very nice! These I trimmed off the tips before cooking because they were going on my PK. The one thing to be aware of when ordering wings from WF is they often change the size of the package. You pay the same per pound, but you may order two bags and think you got a great deal, but you may have enough wings for two people or almost enough for me!

IMG_1920.jpeg
IMG_1922.jpeg

I have cooked the Wild Fork chicken wings several times. At the time they were priced cheaper than those at Costco, but it's been a while since I bought any. The quality was good. My only gripe with the Wild Fork resealable bags (like chicken wings, pork chops, etc.) is that they sometimes arrive already showing signs of freezer burn.

I have cooked the Wild Fork chicken wings several times. At the time they were priced cheaper than those at Costco, but it's been a while since I bought any. The quality was good. My only gripe with the Wild Fork resealable bags (like chicken wings, pork chops, etc.) is that they sometimes arrive already showing signs of freezer burn.
That happened once to me also. Another time they looked fine when I got them, but they showed freezer burn in my freezer sooner than I expected. Best to not expect them to last in the freezer for months.

Thanks for the help! Luckily we have a WF a few miles away so I can stop by and check the shrinkflation factor.

Wings for tomorrow it is

Go Niners

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back